Hello St Leo Community!!
- Congratulations and best wishes to our Grade 2 students who will make their First Holy Communion this Sunday May 6th at the 11:30 Mass.
- Thanks to all the children and families who took part in today’s board-wide civvies day and wore their favourite Star Wars gear. All funds raised will go to the TCDSB's Angel Foundation for Learning (http://www.angelfoundationforlearning.org/)
- Best of luck to all the students who will participate in the Track and Field meet on Thursday May 10th. Go Lions Go!!
NEW REMINDERS YOU NEED FOR THE UPCOMING WEEKS:
- Raffle tickets for two Mother’s Day gift baskets went on sale today. Tickets are 1 for $2 or 3 for $5. You can purchase the tickets with Cash Online or send the money to school with your child. Either way be sure to fill out the raffle form and return it to school with your child by Thursday May 10th. A raffle form is attached. The draw will be held on Friday May 11th.
- A First Communion breakfast will be served to all Grade 2s on Monday May 7th at 9:00 am.
- A pizza party for the Swim Team will be held at lunch on Monday May 7th. Please wear your swim T-shirt.
- Intermediate soccer practices are Monday and Thursday after school.
- The TCDSB is undertaking a budget consultation process. Please use this link to let your views be known. https://www.tcdsb.org/Board/TCDSB-Community-Consultations/Pages/Budget-Consultation.aspx Our survey responses impact how the TCDSB will identify the areas for funding that are a priority for our school.
OTHER REMINDERS IN CASE YOU MISSED THEM THE FIRST TIME:
- On Monday May 7th at 1:00 pm a Community Clean Up event has been organized by the ECO Club.
- The Track and Field meet is on Thursday May 10th. Please note the practices:
- Mon Wed Fri 8:15 - 9:00 long jump Grades 5-8
- Tues and Thurs 8:15 - 9:00 am: 400m, 800m, 1500m runners grades 5-8
- Wed and Thurs 3:30 - 4:15 pm: relay practice
- The Spring Fling is scheduled this year for June 7th. We are in preliminary planning stages but here are a few items we would like to raise to your attention:
- We are looking for sponsors for the Spring Fling bouncy castles and games. Please see the attachment for a listing of items and sponsorship costs. Please share this listing with businesses you think would be interested in being a Spring Fling sponsor.
- If you have started your spring cleaning, don’t forget that we are always looking for stuffies for the stuffie wall and small trinket toys which we will give away as prizes. You can bring these washed stuffies and toys to the school office who will set them aside for the Spring Fling.
- If you are interested in volunteering for the Spring Fling, please respond to this email.
- As EQAO approaches (May) parents and students can access extra practice questions and preparation resources at EQAO.com
- A reminder to parents of Grade 3 and Grade 6 students regarding the EQAO annual provincial assessment. This year’s testing period will take place between May 23rd and May 30th. It is important that no medical/dental appointments, family vacations or early departures (AM or PM) be scheduled during this time. Full attendance is required from the students at this time to provide ample opportunity for the students to complete all components of the Language and Mathematics sections.
- A reminder to parents of Grade 2, 5 and 7 students regarding the CAT/4 assessment. This year’s testing period will also take place between May 24th and May 31st. It is important that no medical/dental appointments, family vacations or early departures (AM or PM) be scheduled during this time. Full attendance is required from the students at this time to provide ample opportunity for the students to complete all components of the Language and Mathematics sections.
- One of our Community Partners, Math Academy, is offering summer camps. Please see the attachment for more information.
- The Grade 8s continue to sell cookies and popcorn, on Fridays as a fundraiser for their graduation trip. Popcorn and cookies each cost $2.00.
- Mrs. Ugrin reminds us that there are a lot of extra-curricular activities going on right now and students are encouraged to make use of their agenda books to note various practice dates in order not to miss a practice or over extend themselves.