Hello St Leo Community!!
- Congratulations to the students in Ms. Arbour's M.E. class. Joseph, Jelina, Max and Mirek participated in the Special Olympics at York University on Wednesday, May 24th. Everyone ran a stellar race and they brought home two bronze medals! An extra special thank you goes out to our cheering section, Mlle Hennessy's Grade 1/2 class, who brought signs and pompoms and supported all of our athletes with excitement and enthusiasm. It was an awesome day on the track!
- Best wishes to the Intermediate Boys and Girls Soccer teams who will compete at Centennial Monday and Tuesday this week. Go Lions Go!!
NEW REMINDERS YOU NEED FOR THE UPCOMING WEEKS:
- Ms. Arbour’s and Mrs. Park’s ME DD classes will participate in the annual bowling banquet on Wednesday, May 30th.
- The Virtue and Awards Assembly will take place on Thursday May 31st. All are welcome.
- Students and staff from Bishop Allen will give a special Self Esteem presentation, called the LILY Project, on Friday June 1st.
- Yearbooks are on sale for $15 each. You cash purchase them on the School Cash On-Line site or send in money to the school with your kids. 175 yearbooks have been ordered. It will be first come, first served, so don't delay!
- A rehearsal calendar will be sent home shortly for the Wizard of Oz - please anticipate after-school practices in the weeks prior to the performance days.
OTHER REMINDERS IN CASE YOU MISSED THEM THE FIRST TIME:
- We still need families to sign up for a week (or two) of watering the St. Leo pod gardens throughout the summer. Half of the pods will have self-watering systems so all that will be required is to fill up those barrels twice a week, and water the other pod gardens as needed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you and your family can take on a week of watering this summer. Be sure to state which week you can be available.
- The Spring Fling is in less than two weeks on Thursday June 7th. We need some help setting up during the day. If you will be available to help, please respond to this email. Additionally if you are available to volunteer in the evening during the Spring Fling itself, please respond to this email.
- We are looking for entertainers for the Spring Fling. If you have a dance group or a band that you’d like to showcase at the Spring Fling – please get in touch with me.
- We are still looking for sponsors for the Spring Fling bouncy castles and games. Please respond to this email if you have an interested sponsor.
- Please bring your washed stuffies and little toys to the school office if you would like to donate them to the Spring Fling stuffie wall.
- The Grade 8s continue to sell cookies and popcorn, on Fridays as a fundraiser for their graduation trip. Popcorn and cookies each cost $2.00.