Hello St Leo Community!!
Congratulations to all the boys and girls who participated in the Track and Field Regional meet on Friday!
NEW REMINDERS YOU NEED FOR THE UPCOMING WEEKS:
- EQAO and CAT/4 assessments start this week on Wednesday May 23rdand Thursday May 24th respectively. Make sure your kids get lots of rest and relaxation in the evenings this week. They will have some heavy lifting during the day. Parents are reminded that it is important that no medical/dental appointments, family vacations or early departures (AM or PM) be scheduled during this testing time. Full attendance is required to provide the students ample opportunity for the students to complete all components of the tests.
- Once again we need some families to volunteer to water the St Leo Pod Gardens throughout the summer. This past week, the Eco club planted the garden pods with the Gardens crew from Humber College. They planted a variety of vegetables which will ultimately be shared with the community (food banks, low income families, etc.) when they are harvested. We need help from the St. Leo community to assist with the watering throughout July and August. As has been done for the past few years, we are organizing a watering schedule for the summer. Humber College will be installing a self-watering system again this year, so volunteers will only be responsible for filling up the four barrels twice a week and watering the classroom gardens as needed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you and your family can take on a week of watering this summer. Be sure to state which week you can be available.
- The Spring Fling is on Thursday June 7th. We need some help setting up during the day. If you will be available to help, please respond to this email. Additionally if you are available to volunteer in the evening during the Spring Fling itself, please respond to this email.
- We are looking for entertainers for the Spring Fling. If you have a dance group or a band that you’d like to showcase at the Spring Fling – please get in touch with me.
- Civvies Day is this Friday May 25th. Don’t forget your twoonie.
OTHER REMINDERS IN CASE YOU MISSED THEM THE FIRST TIME:
- The TCDSB is seeking our feedback on sharing school fundraising revenue. Please click on this link https://www.tcdsb.org/Board/TCDSB-Community-Consultations/Pages/proposed-fundraising.aspx The deadline for responding to this survey is Noon on Monday, May 28th.
- Intermediate soccer practices are Monday and Thursday after school.
- We are still looking for sponsors for the Spring Fling bouncy castles and games. Please see the attachment for a listing of items and sponsorship costs. Please share this listing with businesses you think would be interested in being a Spring Fling sponsor.
- If you have started your spring cleaning, don’t forget that we are always looking for stuffies for the stuffie wall and small trinket toys which we will give away as prizes. You can bring these washed stuffies and toys to the school office who will set them aside for the Spring Fling.
- The Grade 8s continue to sell cookies and popcorn on Fridays as a fundraiser for their graduation trip. Popcorn and cookies each cost $2.00.