Hello St Leo Community!!
- Congratulations to Charlie (Mme. Aumeer’s class) and Christina (Ms. Figueredo’s class) who won the wonderful Mothers’ Day baskets from today’s raffle. Your Mums are going to love those!! And thanks to Myra who made the draw and her mother who made it possible!
- Congratulations to all the boys and girls who participated in the Track and Field meet yesterday at Centennial Park. Our St. Leo Lions went home very happy, many with ribbons in hand! We had a huge number of third and fourth place finishes, as well as a handful of first and second place finishes who will be advancing to Regionals. You all made us proud. Good luck to all of you who will be continuing on to the Regionals next Friday. Go Lions Go!!
NEW REMINDERS YOU NEED FOR THE UPCOMING WEEKS:
- The Track and Field Regionals will take place on Friday May 18th. We are still waiting on the official e-mail from the athletic association to determine how many students are advancing to Regionals. As soon as the teachers know who will be advancing, they will let the children know. Stay tuned.
- The TCDSB is seeking our feedback on sharing school fundraising revenue. Please click on this link https://www.tcdsb.org/Board/TCDSB-Community-Consultations/Pages/proposed-fundraising.aspx The deadline for responding to this survey is Noon on Monday, May 28th.
- We are holding a Spring Fling meeting on Thursday May 17th at 7:00. If you are interested in joining us, please respond to this email.
OTHER REMINDERS IN CASE YOU MISSED THEM THE FIRST TIME:
- Intermediate soccer practices are Monday and Thursday after school.
- The Spring Fling is scheduled this year for June 7th. We are in preliminary planning stages but here are a few items we would like to raise to your attention:
- We are looking for sponsors for the Spring Fling bouncy castles and games. Please see the attachment for a listing of items and sponsorship costs. Please share this listing with businesses you think would be interested in being a Spring Fling sponsor.
- If you have started your spring cleaning, don’t forget that we are always looking for stuffies for the stuffie wall and small trinket toys which we will give away as prizes. You can bring these washed stuffies and toys to the school office who will set them aside for the Spring Fling.
- If you are interested in volunteering for the Spring Fling, please respond to this email.
- As EQAO approaches (May) parents and students can access extra practice questions and preparation resources at EQAO.com
- A reminder to parents of Grade 3 and Grade 6 students regarding the EQAO annual provincial assessment. This year’s testing period will take place between May 23rd and May 30th. It is important that no medical/dental appointments, family vacations or early departures (AM or PM) be scheduled during this time. Full attendance is required from the students at this time to provide ample opportunity for the students to complete all components of the Language and Mathematics sections.
- A reminder to parents of Grade 2, 5 and 7 students regarding the CAT/4 assessment. This year’s testing period will also take place between May 24th and May 31st. It is important that no medical/dental appointments, family vacations or early departures (AM or PM) be scheduled during this time. Full attendance is required from the students at this time to provide ample opportunity for the students to complete all components of the Language and Mathematics sections.
- One of our Community Partners, Math Academy, is offering summer camps. Please see the attachment for more information.
- The Grade 8s continue to sell cookies and popcorn, on Fridays as a fundraiser for their graduation trip. Popcorn and cookies each cost $2.00.
- Mrs. Ugrin reminds us that there are a lot of extra-curricular activities going on right now and students are encouraged to make use of their agenda books to note various practice dates in order not to miss a practice or over extend themselves.