Hello St Leo Community. Happy Easter!!
St Leo Hockey Team results – The team had an exciting day this past Wednesday! The team played an amazing round and finished 3rd, just missing the cut for the next round. However, the players represented St. Leo C.S. very well, giving each team a challenge! Thanks to all the players for an incredible effort as they played some amazing teams in the toughest division they have faced in years. Thank you also to the parents for all of their help and support driving to each of the tournaments. Without your help it wouldn’t have been possible. Go Lions Go!
Below are the reminders you need for the upcoming weeks:
- Don’t forget to sign up for on-line banking. Registrations are still quite low for the St. Leo community. Please sign up when you can. To register your child, go to https://tcdsb.schoolcashonline.com. As more parents register, we will be able to initiate payments for field trips, yearbooks, activity fees etc. The goal is to have NO CASH/CHEQUES being sent to the school through your child. This will mean safe, fast and easy transactions.
- Easter Mass with Father Frank will take place on Wednesday April 4th at 9:30 am. All are welcome.
- Wednesday April 4th is Autism Day at St Leo. Children are encouraged to wear any shade of blue in support of autism awareness
- The next CSPC meeting is on Wednesday April 4th at 6:30 pm in the library. All are welcome.
- Graduation photo RETAKES for SK and Grade 8 students will take place on Thursday April 5th.
- The swim team will be holding a hotdog day on Friday April 6th. Forms have been sent home, however you can also pay via cash-on-line. Orders are due back by Tuesday April 3rd at the lasted. Thanks to Claire McMullin for spearheading this activity and thanks to all in advance for supporting the St Leo Swim Team.
- St Leo’s Wellness Day is Tuesday April 10th. The school is holding an all-day event for students and parents. An information flyer was emailed to all parents and is again attached here. There is no cost to students, but a donation of a non-perishable food item is requested. The parent component is the same day – 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
- Confirmation of Grade 7 students is Sunday April 14th at 4:00 pm.
- The St Leo Annual Dance-a-Thon will be held on Thursday April 19th. Pledge forms went home in backpacks this week.
- On Friday April 20, the students will participate in Clean Toronto Together as an Earth Day Activity.
- The Junior Boys Basketball Tournament will take place on Tuesday April 24th at St. Wilfrid C.S.
- The Swim Meet will be held on Saturday April 28th and Sunday April 29th at the Etobicoke Olympium.
- The Rosary Apostolate will present the Crowing of Mary on Monday April 30th at 9:00 am in the school gym.
- As EQAO approaches (May) parents and students can access extra practice questions and preparation resources at EQAO.com
- A reminder to parents of Grade 3 and Grade 6 students regarding the EQAO annual provincial assessment. This year’s testing period will take place between May 24th and May 30th. It is important that no medical/dental appointments, family vacations or early departures be not scheduled during this time. Full attendance is required from the students at this time to provide ample opportunity for the students to complete all components of the Language and Mathematics sections.
- Please remember that St. Leo is working towards being certified as an Eco school and as such, when packing lunches please send reusable water bottles and containers whenever possible to limit waste. If you need a reusable water bottle – you can purchase a 500 ML stainless steel St Leo water bottle on School Cash on Line.
- The CPIC-OAPCE Parent Summit will be held on Saturday May 5th. Please see the attachment for more details
- The Grade 8s continue to sell cookies and popcorn, on Fridays as a fundraiser for their graduation trip. Popcorn and cookies each cost $2.00.
- The school is collecting pop tabs and used batteries in Ms. McCann’s room. Students can drop by room 205 once they have a full Ziploc bag.
- The Royal York Football Club is offering St Leo students a few free sessions of soccer to try out the sport and the club. See attachment for details.
Wishing you all a blessed Easter,