Hello St Leo Community!!
- Congratulations to the Grade 7s who made their confirmation last Sunday.
- Thanks to DJ Nikki (Nikki Dettbarn) who ran the dance-a-thon this past week. Thanks also to Jackie McGrath and Kim Daniel who helped Nikki package up all the glow sticks for the event and to Ms. Bonnici who gathered and aligned all of the sponsorship forms. We raised over $2,000. Therefore, thanks also to all the children and parents who participated.
- Good luck to the Junior Boys basketball team who will play in the Basketball Tournament this week on Tuesday April 24th at St. Wilfrid C.S.
- Good luck to St Leo’s swimmers who will compete in the Swim Meet next weekend (Saturday April 28th, Sunday April 29th) at the Etobicoke Olympium. Please be at the Olympium for 12:30 pm and don’t forget to wear your cool new swim team t-shirts. Parents, remember to bring your green wristband to get in to the stands to watch your kids.
Below are the reminders you need for the upcoming weeks:
- St Leo parent Sarah Proulx has donated two gift baskets containing handmade artisan beauty/bath products which will be raffled off for mother's day? Stay tuned for raffle ticket sales. Thanks Sarah!
- We are looking for photos for this year’s yearbook. If you have any photos from St Leo sporting events (hockey games, volleyball games, etc.) or other activities (school mass, Christmas concert, field trips, etc.) please respond to this email with your photos as attachments. Thanks to those who have sent some to me already.
- The Spring Fling is scheduled this year for June 7th. We are in preliminary planning stages but here are a few items we would like to raise to your attention:
- We are looking for sponsors for the Spring Fling bouncy castles and games. Please see the attachment for a listing of items and sponsorship costs. Please share this listing with businesses you think would be interested in being a Spring Fling sponsor.
- If you have started your spring cleaning, don’t forget that we are always looking for stuffies for the stuffie wall and small trinket toys which we will give away as prizes. You can bring these washed stuffies and toys to the school office who will set them aside for the Spring Fling.
- Friday April 27th is a Civvies Day. Don’t forget to bring in your twoonie!
- The Rosary Apostolate will present the Crowning of Mary on Monday April 30th at 9:00 am in the school gym.
- On Tuesday May 1st at 6:30 pm in the school gym, St Leo C.S. will be hosting an EQAO Information Meeting for all parents of Grade 3 and Grade 6 students. All are welcome.
- As EQAO approaches (May) parents and students can access extra practice questions and preparation resources at EQAO.com
- A reminder to parents of Grade 3 and Grade 6 students regarding the EQAO annual provincial assessment. This year’s testing period will take place between May 24th and May 31st. It is important that no medical/dental appointments, family vacations or early departures (AM or PM) be scheduled during this time. Full attendance is required from the students at this time to provide ample opportunity for the students to complete all components of the Language and Mathematics sections.
- A reminder to parents of Grade 2, 5 and 7 students regarding the CAT/4 assessment. This year’s testing period will also take place between May 24th and May 31st. It is important that no medical/dental appointments, family vacations or early departures (AM or PM) be scheduled during this time. Full attendance is required from the students at this time to provide ample opportunity for the students to complete all components of the Language and Mathematics sections.
- Welcome to Kindergarten will be held at 5:30 pm on May 2nd in the school gym.
- To accommodate Welcome to Kindergarten, the May CSPC meeting will be start at 7:00 pm on May 2nd. At this meeting, we will be outlining for everyone what roles exist on the parent council so that you can start thinking about volunteering for the 2018/19 school year. We appreciate all the volunteers that come out for the auction, Spring Fling and other events, but we do need some steady hands that can manage the executive roles on the council throughout the year. At this meeting we will discuss the various positions and those who hold these positions now will share with you what they entail both from a content and time commitment perspective. Please consider joining us for this meeting. Nothing we do is rocket science, but committed parents are required to get it all done. I promise that no one will ask you to write a newsletter at midnight on a Sunday nights!!
- The CPIC-OAPCE Parent Summit will be held on Saturday May 5th. Please see the attachment for more details
- The Grade 8s continue to sell cookies and popcorn, on Fridays as a fundraiser for their graduation trip. Popcorn and cookies each cost $2.00.
Please be aware that pizza day during the week of April 30th to May 4th will be held on Thursday May 3rd instead of Wednesday May 2nd, on account of some restraints with the vendor. Pizza day this week ... and the week following the week noted above and go forward - will be on Wednesdays as usual.