ello St Leo Community!!
Best wishes to our Grade 7s who will have their confirmations tomorrow (4:00 pm at St Leo Church).
Welcome to Mr Kelly who will be joining the St Leo teaching staff as the Grade 7/8 teacher effective Monday April 16th to June 29th, 2018.
Below are the reminders you need for the upcoming weeks:
- It’s dance-a-thon week!!!! The St Leo Annual Dance-a-Thon will be held on Thursday April 19th. If your child didn’t bring in their pledge form and funds on Friday, please send them in on Monday. We will do our best to make sure your child still gets the glow items associated with the amount of funds they raised. The top fundraising student will win a super prize!! Thanks to DJ Nikki who will run the dance-a-thon. It’s going to be AWESOME!
- We are looking for photos for this year’s yearbook. If you have any photos from St Leo sporting events (hockey games, volleyball games, etc.) or other activities (school mass, Christmas concert, field trips, etc.) please respond to this email with your photos as attachments.
- Track and Field has begun. Please see the attached practice schedule. Before and after school practices will be on a weather permitting basis.
- We need some more volunteers for the nutrition program. If you can volunteer once a week or more or less than that – we would love to have your help. Please respond to this email if you are interested or just show up at the school office in the mornings during the week and tell them you are there to help with the nutrition program. This program has become very important to the school, but it takes an army to keep it going. Any help you can offer is appreciated.
- The Spring Fling is scheduled this year for June 7th. We are in preliminary planning stages but here are a few items we would like to raise to your attention:
- We are looking for sponsors for the Spring Fling bouncy castles and games. Please see the attachment for a listing of items and sponsorship costs. Please share this listing with businesses you think would be interested in being a Spring Fling sponsor.
- If you have started your spring cleaning, don’t forget that we are always looking for stuffies for the stuffie wall and small trinket toys which we will give away as prizes. You can bring these washed stuffies and toys to the school office who will set them aside for the Spring Fling.
- The Rosary Apostolate will be at St. Leo’s on Wednesday April 18th.
- The TCDSB is sponsoring a free parenting workshop called “Raising Youth Together” at Monsignor Percy Johnson on Wednesday April 18th at 6:00pm (includes a free dinner for families). See attachment for further details.
- St Ambrose C.S. is inviting the St Leo parent community to their PRO-Grant event entitled, “Digital Literacy and Internet Safety” on Thursday April 19th. See attachment for more details.
- On Friday April 20, the students will participate in Clean Toronto Together as an Earth Day Activity.
- The Junior Boys Basketball Tournament will take place on Tuesday April 24th at St. Wilfrid C.S.
- The Swim Meet will be held on Saturday April 28th and Sunday April 29th at the Etobicoke Olympium.
- The Rosary Apostolate will present the Crowning of Mary on Monday April 30th at 9:00 am in the school gym.
- The CPIC-OAPCE Parent Summit will be held on Saturday May 5th. Please see the attachment for more details
- As EQAO approaches (May) parents and students can access extra practice questions and preparation resources at EQAO.com
- A reminder to parents of Grade 3 and Grade 6 students regarding the EQAO annual provincial assessment. This year’s testing period will take place between May 24th and May 31st. It is important that no medical/dental appointments, family vacations or early departures (AM or PM) be scheduled during this time. Full attendance is required from the students at this time to provide ample opportunity for the students to complete all components of the Language and Mathematics sections.
- A reminder to parents of Grade 2, 5 and 7 students regarding the CAT/4 assessment. This year’s testing period will also take place between May 24th and May 31st. It is important that no medical/dental appointments, family vacations or early departures (AM or PM) be scheduled during this time. Full attendance is required from the students at this time.
- The Grade 8s continue to sell cookies and popcorn, on Fridays as a fundraiser for their graduation trip. Popcorn and cookies each cost $2.00.
- Don’t forget to sign up for on-line banking. Registrations are still quite low for the St. Leo community. Please sign up when you can. To register your child, go to https://tcdsb.schoolcashonline.com. As more parents register, we will be able to initiate payments for field trips, yearbooks, activity fees etc. The goal is to have NO CASH/CHEQUES being sent to the school through your child. This will mean safe, fast and easy transactions.