Hello St Leo Community!! Who ordered more winter??
Congrats and Thanks
- Congratulations to St Leo’s Junior Volleyball Teams who competed at the Divisional Tournament this past week. The boys showed incredible skill and steadfast determination until the very final point was allocated, but unfortunately did not advance past the first round in the playoffs. The girls remained undefeated in round robin and in playoffs, until they were defeated by St. Louis in the championship game, finishing second place. Both teams did St. Leo proud! Go Lions Go!!
- The Swim Team would like to thank all the families who purchased Hot Dogs, it is greatly appreciated! Special thanks goes to Almafe Konarzyck, Dorothy Babic, Montserrat Terrats, Andrea Larsen, Judria Lukai and Caroline Weigland. Many thanks to our secretary Mrs. Bonnici for her assistance as well.
New School Build
- The feedback from the parent survey will be provided to the architects this Friday – so if you have not sent back your responses and would like to – please send in your thoughts to Mrs Ugrin by Wednesday of this week. The survey is attached in case you have misplaced it (see second page of community meeting attachment).
Below are the reminders you need for the upcoming weeks:
- We need some more volunteers for the nutrition program. If you can volunteer once a week or more or less than that – we would love to have your help. Please respond to this email if you are interested or just show up at the school office in the mornings during the week and tell them you are there to help with the nutrition program. This program has become very important to the school, but it takes an army to keep it going. Any help you can offer is appreciated.
- The Spring Fling is scheduled this year for June 7th. We are in preliminary planning stages but here are a few items we would like to raise to your attention:
- We are looking for sponsors for the Spring Fling bouncy castles and games. Please see the attachment for a listing of items and sponsorship costs. Please share this listing with businesses you think would be interested in being a Spring Fling sponsor.
- If you have started your spring cleaning, don’t forget that we are always looking for stuffies for the stuffie wall and small trinket toys which we will give away as prizes. You can bring these washed stuffies and toys to the school office who will set them aside for the Spring Fling.
- St Leo’s Wellness Day is Tuesday April 10th. The school is holding an all-day event for students and parents. The information flyer was emailed to all parents and is again attached here. There is no cost to students, but a donation of a non-perishable food item is requested. The parent component is the same day – 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
- Confirmation of Grade 7 students is Sunday April 15th at 4:00 pm.
- The TCDSB is sponsoring a free parenting workshop called “Raising Youth Together” at Monsignor Percy Johnson on Wednesday April 18th at 6:00pm (includes a free dinner for families). See attachment for further details.
- The St Leo Annual Dance-a-Thon will be held on Thursday April 19th. Pledge forms are due back by Friday April 13th (5 day extension). A pledge form is attached for reference.
- St Ambrose C.S. is inviting the St Leo parent community to their PRO-Grant event entitled, “Digital Literacy and Internet Safety” on Thursday April 19th. See attachment for more details.
- On Friday April 20, the students will participate in Clean Toronto Together as an Earth Day Activity.
- The Junior Boys Basketball Tournament will take place on Tuesday April 24th at St. Wilfrid C.S.
- The Swim Meet will be held on Saturday April 28th and Sunday April 29th at the Etobicoke Olympium.
- The Rosary Apostolate will present the Crowing of Mary on Monday April 30th at 9:00 am in the school gym.
- As EQAO approaches (May) parents and students can access extra practice questions and preparation resources at EQAO.com
- A reminder to parents of Grade 3 and Grade 6 students regarding the EQAO annual provincial assessment. This year’s testing period will take place between May 24th and May 30th. It is important that no medical/dental appointments, family vacations or early departures be scheduled during this time. Full attendance is required from the students at this time to provide ample opportunity for the students to complete all components of the Language and Mathematics sections.
- The Grade 8s continue to sell cookies and popcorn, on Fridays as a fundraiser for their graduation trip. Popcorn and cookies each cost $2.00.
- Don’t forget to sign up for on-line banking. Registrations are still quite low for the St. Leo community. Please sign up when you can. To register your child, go to https://tcdsb.schoolcashonline.com. As more parents register, we will be able to initiate payments for field trips, yearbooks, activity fees etc. The goal is to have NO CASH/CHEQUES being sent to the school through your child. This will mean safe, fast and easy transactions.