Hello St Leo Community. Happy Spring!!
Thanks and Congratulations:
- A huge thank you to all the families who contributed to the board-wide civvies day on Friday. The school collected $385.00 and all proceeds will be going directly to the ShareLife campaign. If you forgot to send in your toonies, please send them in on Monday or you may make a payment through School Cash Online.
- Congratulations to our St Leo Hockey Team. They team placed 3rd in its Pool at the TCDSB Seeding Tournament. The team will be competing this Wednesday, March 28th in the Elimination Round! Go Lions Go!!
New School Build
- Thanks to everyone who participated in the meeting on Wednesday evening to discuss the new school build. I am attaching the associated questionnaire (see second page of the attachment). Please take the time to fill it in and return it to the school. This is our chance to have our ideas heard!
- The tentative timeline is as follows – St Leo students move to Christ the King in March 2020 (with special arrangements made for Rec Room kids). The new school should be ready for occupation in September 2021.
Below are the reminders you need for the upcoming weeks:
- If you missed it before, St Leo has online banking! In order to participate, you must register your child online first. Please register as soon as possible at https://tcdsb.schoolcashonline.com. As more parents register, we will be able to initiate payments for field trips, yearbooks, activity fees etc. The goal is to have NO CASH/CHEQUES being sent to the school through your child. This will mean safe, fast and easy transactions.
- St. Leo is pleased to announce that we are now on Instagram! Please follow st.leotcdsb for announcements, reminders and general updates about the school and school community!
- Stations of the Cross will be presented by Miss Lehane’s Grade 6 / 7 class on Tuesday March 27th at 9:30 am. Everyone is welcome.
- The March Virtue & Awards Assembly will take place on Tuesday March 27th at 1:00 pm.
- The last Swim to Survive class is this week on Wednesday March 28th. Ms. Turczyn’s Grade 3s, Ms. McCann’s Grade 3/4s, Mme. Rego’s Grade 3s and Ms. Majchrowski’s Grade 4/5s will be going to Norseman Pool. Please remember to send bathing suits and towels that day.
- Easter Weekend is next weekend - Friday March 30th is Good Friday, Sunday April 1st is Easter Sunday and Monday April 2nd is Easter Monday. There is no school on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- Easter Mass with Father Frank will take place on Wednesday April 4th at 9:30 am. All are welcome.
- Wednesday April 4th is Autism Day at St Leo. Children are encouraged to wear any shade of blue in support of autism awareness
- The next CSPC meeting is on Wednesday April 4th at 6:30 pm in the library. All are welcome.
- Graduation photo RETAKES for SK and Grade 8 students will take place on Thursday April 5th.
- The swim team will be holding a hotdog day on Friday April 6th. Forms have been sent home, however you can also pay via cash-on-line. Orders are due back by Tuesday April 3rd at the lasted. Thanks to Claire McMullin for spearheading this activity and thanks to all in advance for supporting the St Leo Swim Team.
- Please remember that St. Leo is working towards being certified as an Eco school and as such, when packing lunches please send reusable water bottles and containers whenever possible to limit waste. If you need a reusable water bottle – you can purchase a 500 ML stainless steel St Leo water bottle on School Cash on Line.
- As EQAO approaches (May) parents and students can access extra practice questions and preparation resources at EQAO.com
- The CPIC-OAPCE Parent Summit will be held on Saturday May 5th. Please see the attachment for more details
- The Grade 8s continue to sell cookies and popcorn, on Fridays as a fundraiser for their graduation trip. Popcorn and cookies each cost $2.00.
- The school is collecting pop tabs and used batteries in Ms. McCann’s room. Students can drop by room 205 once they have a full Ziploc bag.
- Details for the upcoming Dance-a-Thon will be sent out shortly. Stayed tuned!