Good evening St Leo Community,
Mimico’s Got Talent!!! Congratulations to all who organized and took part in the Talent Show on Friday. What a bunch of talented children attend St Leo CS. There were wonderful dancers and singers and some impressive musicians. Who thought up the cup dance? So creative! Where else could you get such entertainment for a few non-perishable food items? Thanks to all the students who performed, to Ms. Starr and Ms. Lehane for organizing, to Grade 4s Madelyn and Audrey who were props and stage leads, to the Grade 7s who provided much needed support, especially MCs Evelyn and Lily, and to Grade 8 Jonah, the lead stage hand. It was a wonderful afternoon. You should all be very proud of yourselves.
Thanks very much to Allseas Fisheries - Seafood Markets (55 Vansco Road, Etobicoke) who once again donated the fish for Kiss the Fish. Lucky Ms. Majchrowski and lucky Ms. Hennessy got to kiss it!!!
This final week of school is another jam packed week:
- Canada Day photo will be taking place Monday, June 26th. Students are encouraged to wear red and white.
- The Spring Concert for grades 4/5, 5, 6, and 7 will also be taking place Monday, June 26th at 6:30 pm in the school gym.
- Report cards will be sent home Tuesday, June 27th.
- The Grade 8 Graduation mass and ceremony takes place Tuesday, June 27th in the evening. Refreshments will follow in the school gym for the graduates and their families.
- Play Day is on Wednesday, June 28th, weather permitting. Please remember sunscreen, a hat, and plenty of water! Please bring in your twoonie by Monday for ice cream (or a popsicle) on Play Day.
- Thursday, June 29th is the last school day for this academic year. Thursday will be Tacky Tourist Spirit Day (civvies day) and the final Virtue and Awards Assembly will be held that day.
- It’s probably a good idea to send your kids to school with some plastic bags this week for when they clean out their desks.
- Don’t forget there is no pizza day this Wednesday. At this time, on behalf of all of us, I would like to thank Marion Camilleri and Herman Mejia for making all the arrangements for Wednesday pizza days for the whole year. They very quietly took on this role in the background and did an amazing job. Thank you! Thank you! We all benefitted from this.
- There are still a few year books available for purchasing. Money ($14) can sent in attention Mlle. Hunter.
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
Make sure to let our St Leo’s Community Partners know that you found out about them here. A special thanks goes out to this week’s Community Partners of the week – Sandy & Rayissa Real Estate