THANK YOU St. Leo Community for another amazing Spring Fling!!!!
- All the parents who volunteered at the Spring Fling setting up, tearing down, manning games or the pizza station or the bake sale or entertainers or generators and especially thanks to all those parents who have been working for months on all the up-front planning
- All the parents who baked up a storm for the Spring Fling bake sale
- All the families who brought in their stuffies for the giant stuffie wall and items for the prize bins
- All the teachers who spent the evening with us selling tickets or manning games. I suspect Mlle Hunter heard tick tick tick tick all through her dreams last night
- Our sponsors Math Academy and real estate agents Sandy Bodnar and Rayissa Palmer who supported us all year AND last night sponsored a candy floss machine and a bouncy castle respectively
- Our vendors who made the site colourful and interesting
- Our supporter, Cineplex Queensway, which donated all of the popcorn
- To the high school students (some alumni, some not) who came out to help us sell popcorn or make candy floss
- To Mrs Ugrin and all of the caretakers who helped us so much throughout the day - as they do all year round
… and an extra special thank you goes to our wonderful Grade 7s who manned either the pizza stand or games and our wonderful Grade 8s who gave so much of their time to help set up or tear down the fair, paint a million faces or load a million candy floss sticks. You are why we do these fundraising events. It was great to have you at our sides.
To all of you who showed up in droves bringing your kids and Grandparents and neighbours (and Joe down the street) and made the whole evening worthwhile. If you were praying for no rain – then bless you because it worked!
See you again next year!
Some Spring Fling tidy up:
- If you have lawn signs or you see a wayward lawn signs as you drive through the neighbourhood, can you please collect them and bring them to the school
- If you brought baked goods on a tray which you would like to pick up – all trays and dishes will be kept in Mrs Ugrin’s office for two weeks. Dishes remaining after June 23rd, will be donated to the school food program
A couple of upcoming events for the last month of school:
- SK Graduation is on June 16th
- The CSPC AGM will be held on June 21st in the school library at 6:30
- On Thursday June 22nd at 6:30 pm in the school gym, St Leo is pleased to be hosting a presentation for parents by Paul Davis on SOCIAL NETWORKING & ONLINE SAFETY. Paul is a well- known contributor to various news programs and has also worked with law enforcement agencies – RCMP, OPP and CBSA. Paul’s expertise is in the area of Social Networking Safety. His presentations educate students and parents about responsible use of technology. See attached flyer. We look forward to seeing you!
- Kiss the Fish and the Talent Show take place on June 23rd
- Grade 8 Graduation is on June 27th
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website athttp://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
Have a great weekend,
Make sure to let our St Leo’s Community Partners know that you found out about them here. A special thanks goes out to this week’s Community Partners of the week – Best Portuguese Chicken and Lakeshore Arts