Hello St. Leo Community. I hope you are enjoying this not-so-sunny long weekend.
Thankyous and congratulations.
- Thanks to Michelle Nolden-Szarka for organizing the teachers and children and working with Humber to get the final pods planted. Thanks to all the children who have signed up to be garden ambassadors!
- Congratulations to all those who qualified and participated in the Track and Field City Finals last week. Good job!
Below are the reminders and updates you need for next week:
- The Ministry of Education has directed the TCDSB to adopt fixed attendance boundaries for all secondary schools to be consistent with most Ontario school Boards. The proposed Secondary School Admissions Policy changes may impact your child’s future choice of high schools. Trustee Ann Andrachuk, Superintendent Doug Yack and Father John Redmond’s Parent Council will be hosting a public consultation meeting on the proposed (draft) boundary changes on Tuesday, May 23rd at Father John Redmond. The meeting will take place in the Theatre Arts room at 7 pm. You are invited to attend.
- On May 24th all children in Grades 4 through 8 will attend a presentation in the gym by Paul Davis onInternet Safety and Cyberbullying.
- EQAO Week begins on May 29th for Grade 3 and Grade 6 students.
- Spring Fling – The date is set for June 8th. We are looking for many volunteers to supervise bouncy castles and host games. Parents, older siblings, grandparents, neighbours – all are welcome to volunteer. Please respond to this email if you are interested.
- Please remember the Spring Fling Stuffies wall when you are doing your spring cleaning. We will be accepting previously loved stuffies and small toys donations at the school up until the Spring Fling. Please wash your stuffies before dropping them off.
- Anyone who can add baked goods to the Spring Fling bake sale are invited to drop off their goodies at the school on June 7th or 8th.
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
Make sure to let our St Leo’s Community Partners know that you found out about them here. A special thanks goes out to this week’s Community Partners of the week – Kother Indian Cuisine and The Stop