CSPC - St LeoHappy Mothers’ Day St. Leo Community! I hope everyone had a lovely day.
I missed a week so I have a few congratulations to catch up on:
- Two weeks ago the St Leo swim team competed at the annual TCDSB swim meet. For a small team of only 15 kids, they did amazing and came in 28th overall in the city. Congratulations to all the swimmers and thank you to Jackie McGrath, Claire McMullin, Blair Larsen and Ms. Figueiredo for all the early morning hours put in to get the kids ready.
- Congratulations to the Grade Twos who made their First Holy Communion last Sunday. Thank you to Ms. Mullin, Ms. Hunter, Ms. Hennessy, Ms. Turczyn and Ms. Arbour for all their work throughout the year to prepare the children for the sacrament.
- During the First Communion mass, the St Leo Choir sang for the last time this school year. You sounded wonderful. Thanks to Mrs. Shaw for giving up her time every week to work with the choir.
Your input is requested on the following:
- The Institute for Catholic Education (ICE) wants to hear from everyone in the TCDSB community about Catholic Education in Ontario. You are invited to offer your ideas on-line through a special Thought Exchange website. See attachment from the TCDSB Director of Education for instructions. Please complete the survey before May 19, 2017.
- The Ministry of Education has directed the TCDSB to adopt fixed attendance boundaries for all secondary schools to be consistent with most Ontario school Boards. The proposed Secondary School Admissions Policy changes may impact your child’s future choice of high schools. See attachment from the TCDSB Director of Education for instructions. You will also find attached a Draft of the Secondary Schools Admission Policy Changes.
We need volunteers for the following activities:
- Soccer coaches – We are looking for parents who would be available to coach the soccer team. Practices take place right after school, but the day of the practice can be set to accommodate the availability of the parent volunteers. Please respond to this email if you are available and interested.
- Spring Fling – The date is set for June 8th. We are looking for many volunteers to supervise bouncy castles and host games. Parents, older siblings, grandparents, neighbours – all are welcome to volunteer. Please respond to this email if you are interested.
- Planting on May 19th – The remaining pods will be planted on May 19th with herbs and vegetables for a community food program. The planting will start at 9:30 am and we could use some parents to help at that time. Please respond to this email if you are available to help.
Finally, please remember the Spring Fling Stuffies wall when you are doing your spring cleaning. We will be accepting previously loved stuffies and small toys donations at the school up until the Spring Fling. Please wash your stuffies before dropping them off.
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun