Hello St. Leo Community!
Wow – so much to be proud of. Congratulations, Good Lucks and Thank Yous!
- Congratulations once again to the St Leo chess team! St. Leo tied for 4th place in the primary grades and the junior grades came in 9th at today’s West Toronto School Tournament organized by the TCDSB Chess Association. Special thanks to Mrs. Figueiredo for organizing and running the club
- Way to go Junior Boys Basketball team! The team finished first in its pool, but were eliminated in the playoffs by the winning team of another pool. Sincere congratulations to our boys! St. Leo's first junior basketball team certainly won't be its last!!
- Best of luck to the St Leo swimmers who will be competing at the Etobicoke Olympium this weekend. St Leo swimmers need to be at the pool on Saturday for 12:15 pm
- Best wishes also to all students who will be competing at the Track and Field meet this Thursday (May 4th). A reminder that the bus will be leaving promptly at 9:10, so all participating athletes must be at school on time, after having a healthy breakfast of course!
- Special thanks to Jasmine from The Stop who generously donated her time to DJ today’s dance-a-thon. The kids had a great time. For more information on classes and birthday parties run by The Stop visit www.thestop.ca or email email@example.com. Thank you also to Carey Burleigh who organized the dance-a-thon and to Tania Zoldak and Claire McMullin who supported her
Below are the reminders and updates you need for next week:
- Grade 2s will have their First Confession and a tour of St. Leo Church with Father Frank and Father Galea on Monday at 9:30 am
- First Holy Communion takes place on Sunday May 7th at the 11:30 am mass. Students and parents will gather in the gym at 9:45 am for photographs (individual and group) and will proceed together from the gym to the church
- On Wednesday May 3rd there will Travelling Stage Student Dance performances at 11:00 am in the Gym. Parents/care givers are invited to join the children in the gym.
- Welcome to Kindergarten Evening takes place on Wednesday May 3rd at 6:00 pm. We look forward to welcoming new students and families into the St Leo CS Community
- Please note that the May CSPC meeting has been moved from May 3rd to May 10th to accommodate the Welcome to Kindergarten evening. See you in the school library on the 10th at 6:30 pm
- St Leo’s choir is singing this Sunday and next Sunday at the 11:30 am. A reminder for the children to arrive 15 minutes early for mass
- Please see attachment for a sponsor list for the events that we will have at the Spring Fling. Please feel free to take these to any business you know who might be interested in sponsoring an event. There is no tax receipt in this case as we are providing advertising, but it is an amazing way to get info out and to be a community aware/involved business. Any business who sponsors over $250.00 also gets advertising for the year in all of our newsletters and on the website and twitter
- Please remember the Spring Fling Stuffies wall when you are doing your spring cleaning. We will be accepting previously loved stuffies and small toys donations at the school up until the Spring Fling (June 8th). Please wash your stuffies before dropping them off.
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
Make sure to let our St Leo’s Community Partners know that you found out about them here. A special thanks goes out to this week’s Community Partners of the week – Lilette Weins Real Estate & Blue Print Inspections