Hello St. Leo Community!
Congratulations, Good Luck and Thank You!
- I don’t know how I missed it, but last week was pretty big week for St Leo’s hockey team. Out of the 34 teams who participated in this year’s TCDSB hockey tournament,St. Leo’s finished 2nd place in its pool and brought home a finalist banner that we will hang high and be proud of for years to come! The boys’ displayed incredible perseverance throughout the entire tournament and were the only team to give St. Charles a tough time in the elimination round in March, as well as in the championship game played on April 11th. Congratulations to our boys and a big thank you to all the teachers and parents who supported the team throughout the season! Way to Go St Leo!!!
- Best of luck to the junior boys’ basketball team who will compete at the divisional tournament on Monday. Go St Leo Go!
- Thank you so much to everyone who helped with the planting on Thursday. Thanks to our parent volunteers Michelle Nolden Szarka, Daniella De Dios, Paulina Anthony and Helena Hvozdarova. Special thanks to Carey Burleigh for getting everything organized in advance.
Below are the reminders and updates you need for next week:
- The annual St Leo dance-a-thon will be held on April 28th during school hours. Pledge forms are due on Tuesday. As this will be a Grade 8 fundraising activity we would appreciate a couple of Grade 8 parent volunteers to help out that morning. Please respond to this email if you can help.
- The next hot dog day is Thursday April 27th. Forms are due back on Monday. Thanks to Tania Zoldak for arranging both hot dog days.
- The swim meet takes place next Saturday and Sunday (April 29th and 30th) at the Etobicoke Olympium. St Leo swimmers need to be at the pool for 12:15.
- Please remember the Spring Fling Stuffies wall when you are doing your spring cleaning. We will be accepting previously loved stuffies and small toys donations at the school up until the Spring Fling (June 8th). Please wash your stuffies before dropping them off.
- Mabels Labels are an amazing way to keep track of your kids’ clothes, water bottles, etc. and they stick to anything. Visit the website http://www.mabelslabels.com then click the “Support a Fundraiser” button located on the top of your screen, and then select St. Leo from the drop-down list. A portion of your purchase will go back to the school.
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
Make sure to let our St Leo’s Community Partners know that you found out about them here. A special thanks goes out to this week’s Community Partners of the week – Oxygen Bike Company & Math Academy