Hello St. Leo Community!
First I would like to wish everyone a blessed Easter weekend with their families.
Thank Yous and Good Luck
- Thanks very much to all the parents and students who came out on Sunday to get the planters in shape for this week’s planting. Thanks to the Burleigh family, the Szarka family, the Daniel/Williams family and the Marcoux Naval family!!
- Best of luck to the junior boys’ basketball team who will play an exhibition game at St. Maurice CS on Tuesday
Below are the reminders and updates you need for next week:
- The classes of Mme Campeau, Mme Hennessy, Mme Hunter, Ms. Arbour and Ms. Majchowski will be planting the pods on April 20th (rain date April 21st). We are still looking for parent volunteers to help. We have two parents signed up already (thank you), but another three would be helpful. Please respond to this email if you can help.
- The annual St Leo dance-a-thon will be held on April 28th during school hours. Pledge forms were sent home last week. This will be a Grade 8 fundraising activity. Thanks in advance for your support.
- Anyone interested in helping out on the Spring Fling committee please respond to this email. The first planning meeting will be on April 19th. We would love to have you.
- Please remember the Spring Fling Stuffies wall when you are doing your spring cleaning. We will be accepting previously loved stuffies and small toys donations at the school up until the Spring Fling (June 8th). Please wash your stuffies before dropping them off.
- We need a few parents to help out with on the Religious Celebration and Sacrament Committee. This group supports Communion and Confirmation celebrations as well as SK and Grade 8 graduations. If you have children celebrating any of these events this year – we could use your help. The plan would be to use parents on opposite events (parents of Confirmands would support First Holy Communion and vice versa). In this way you will be able to enjoy your child’s celebration without other obligations at that time. We have Grade 2 and SK parents. We are looking for Grade 7 and Grade 8 parents to help. Please respond to this email if you are able to help.
- Our Community Partner CUES is running a one day camp on Easter Monday. See the attachment for more details.
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
Make sure to let our St Leo’s Community Partners know that you found out about them here. A special thanks goes out to this week’s Community Partners of the week – Land Mechanical & Powerhouse Electric