Hello St. Leo Community!
WOW!!! The totals are in for the auction. We raised $9,500.00!! This money will be used to support technology purchases for the school, sports teams, field trips, cultural events and many other items from which all of our children will benefit. Thanks again to everyone who made the auction so successful.
Thank you to all the volunteers who made Pancake Tuesday possible this past week. Thanks to Claire McMullin, Dorothy Babic, Adele Managan, Susy Opoka, David Chan, Anna Lamond, Jannette Asling, Andrea Caba, Caroline Wiegand, Mira Boci, Jackie McGrath and Michelle Nolden-Szarka. Special thanks to Nicole Bothello (grade 6 student) who was making pancakes with Claire before the parents arrived. Thanks also to the Grade 8s who assisted in set up/take down and serving the little kids and to our supply custodian Chris, who was super helpful all morning and had the gym clean and ready for afternoon classes!
Below are the reminders and updates you need for next week:
- You have until March 7th to get your ticket forms returned to the school for the Maple Leaf tickets draw. In Honour of St. Leo’s 90th Birthday St. Leo Alumni Brendan Shanahan donated two tickets to an upcoming regular season Maple Leaf Game! We are holding a raffle for these tickets. Depending on the game the lucky winner chooses, the value is between $500 and $700!!! Tickets are $10 each. A ticket order form was sent home with your children last week. For your chance to win, please return your filled in ticket form with payment to your child’s teacher no later than March 7th. If you purchase more than one ticket, we will add the additional tickets into the pot and align ticket sales with the number of tickets in the pot. The draw will be held on the morning of Wednesday March 8th during morning announcements. You will be contacted by phone or email if you are the winner. Please print legibly.
- Speaking of hockey – the boys hockey tournament is this Tuesday, March 7th. The team is small but mighty and we wish them luck!! Hockey parents – see the attachment for the order of play on Tuesday.
- To all swim team parents, swim team fees are now due. Please remit $50.00 for each participating child as soon as possible. Please send the fees to school with your child.
- The St. Leo Annual Scholastic Book Fair will take place on Thursday March 9th (morning and afternoon) and Friday March 10th (morning). A book fair flyer was sent home with your kids on Friday. Thanks to Ms. DiMarino, our new librarian, and all the parent volunteers who are making this possible.
- St Leo’s will celebrate St Patrick’s Day on Friday March 10th. Don’t forget to wear green!
- We need a few parents to help out with on the Religious Celebration and Sacrament Committee. This group supports Communion and Confirmation celebrations as well as SK and Grade 8 graduations. If you have children celebrating any of these events this year – we could use your help. The plan would be to use parents on opposite events (parents of Confirmandi would support First Holy Communion and vice versa). In this way you will be able to enjoy your child’s celebration without other obligations at that time. We have Grade 2 and SK parents. We are looking for a couple of Grade 7 and Grade 8 parents. Please respond to this email if you are able to help.
- First Holy Communion takes place on May 7th at the 11:30 mass. Forms have been sent home with the children. Forms must be filled in and returned to the Church (in person). There are three dates in April for pre First Holy Communion parent instruction. This instruction is mandatory. Failure to attend will postpone your child’s First Holy Communion to 2018.
- Confirmation takes place on May 28th at 4:00 pm. Forms have been sent home with the children. Forms must be filled in and returned to the Church (in person). There are three dates in April for pre Confirmation parent instruction. This instruction is mandatory. Failure to attend will postpone your child’s Confirmation to 2018.
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website athttp://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
Make sure to let our St Leo’s Community Partners know that you found out about them here. A special thanks goes out to this week’s Community Partner of the week – Math Academy