Hello St. Leo Community!
Can’t believe it is spring already. Warmer days are ahead of us. Yeah!Congratulations once again to St Leo’s choir. You all sounded wonderful this morning.
Below are the reminders and updates you need for next week:
- Wishing best of luck to our Junior Boys and Girls Volleyball teams as they compete at Divisionals this Tuesday and Wednesday!
- Hot Dog day is March 30th. The last day to place your order is Monday March 27th. Thank you for supporting our Grade 8 fundraising activities.
- The annual St Leo dance-a-thon is around the corner. It will be held on April 28th. This will be another Grade 8 fundraising activity. Watch for pledge forms that will be sent home in back packs this week.
- On Monday, Suitcase Theatre will be providing, to the children, a theatrical presentation entitled “All Aboard – Celebrating Canada’s 150th Birthday”. Grade 1-3 will see the show at 10 a.m., Grades 4-8 will enjoy it at 1 p.m.
- Anyone interested in helping out on the Spring Fling committee please respond to this email. We will start our planning meetings soon and we would love to have you.
- Speaking of the Spring Fling, please remember the Stuffies wall when you are doing your spring cleaning. We will be accepting previously loved stuffies donations at the school up until the Spring Fling (June 8th). Please wash your stuffies before dropping them off.
- Our Community Partner, Math Academy, is offering summer camps again this year. Please see the attached flyer if you are interested.
- The University of Ontario Institute of Technology also has some interesting summer camp options. It’s a bit far for most of us – but if you are commuting out that way to the office, these may work for you. See the attached flyer.
- We need a few parents to help out with on the Religious Celebration and Sacrament Committee. This group supports Communion and Confirmation celebrations as well as SK and Grade 8 graduations. If you have children celebrating any of these events this year – we could use your help. The plan would be to use parents on opposite events (parents of Confirmands would support First Holy Communion and vice versa). In this way you will be able to enjoy your child’s celebration without other obligations at that time. We have Grade 2 and SK parents. We are looking for a couple of Grade 7 and Grade 8 parents. Please respond to this email if you are able to help.
- First Holy Communion takes place on May 7th at the 11:30 mass. Forms have been sent home with the children. Forms must be filled in and returned to the Church (in person). There are three dates in April for pre First Holy Communion parent instruction. This instruction is mandatory. Failure to attend will postpone your child’s First Holy Communion to 2018.
- Confirmation takes place on May 28th at 4:00 pm. Forms have been sent home with the children. Forms must be filled in and returned to the Church (in person). There are three dates in April for pre Confirmation parent instruction. This instruction is mandatory. Failure to attend will postpone your child’s Confirmation to 2018.
Finally, after all was said and done with the silent auction, we had few items left over. Over the next week I will be taking electronic bids. Send me an email and tell me which of the items below that you are interested in and your offer. I will let you know next weekend if you are the lucky winner or not. You have until end of day Friday March 31st. Send me your best offer for any of these amazing items.
- 1 month unlimited pass to Moksha Yoga Etobicoke. Certificate valid until May 31, 2017
- 1 month 2 day pass for Kickstart Taekwondo (Ages 14+). Certificate valid until February 8, 2018
- 3 X 1 hour core stability training sessions at Kingsway Health. Certificate valid until December 31, 2017
- One professional dental cleaning at Lakeside Dentists.
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
Make sure to let our St Leo’s Community Partners know that you found out about them here. A special thanks goes out to this week’s Community Partner of the week – Greenwave Windows
Please respond with unsubscribe in the subject line if you would like to be removed from this email distribution list.