Happy warm Family Day Weekend St. Leo Community!
Congratulations St Leo’s!
- Intermediate boys finished 2nd (losing by a single point!) in the divisional basketball tournament this past Wednesday. Intermediate girls finished 3rd. Both teams competed against players who were bigger in height, but certainly not in heart. We're proud of the efforts of both teams!
Below are the reminders and updates you need for next week:
- Carnaval activities continue this week with the (rescheduled) hockey game between staff and grade 8 students on Tuesday and an outdoor half-day play day on Thursday.
- As part of the Carnaval activities, Pancake Tuesday will take place on the morning of Tuesday, February 28th. We still need a few more volunteers. Let me know if you can help out. We will need people from 8:30 to 12:00. If you can only spare 2 hours – we’ll take it. Thanks to Claire McMullin who will manage the pancake making show and the others who have stepped forward to help out.
- St. Leo Annual Scholastic Book Fair is being planned for the week before March Break. This year our Fair needs parent volunteers to make it happen! Do you have a few hours during the school day to support our Book Fair? We are looking for 8 parents (we have 3, need another 5) to help with setting up the library and for book sales in either the morning or afternoon. Please respond to this email to let us know that books are important and that you have a few hours to help make our Book Fair a success.
- First Holy Communion takes place on May 7th at the 11:30 mass. Forms have been sent home with the children. Forms must be filled in and returned to the Church (in person). There are three dates in April for pre First Holy Communion parent instruction. This instruction is mandatory. Failure to attend will postpone your child’s First Holy Communion to 2018.
- Confirmation takes place on May 28th at 4:00 pm. Forms have been sent home with the children. Forms must be filled in and returned to the Church (in person). There are three dates in April for pre Confirmation parent instruction. This instruction is mandatory. Failure to attend will postpone your child’s Confirmation to 2018.
Finally St. Leo Alumni Brendan Shanahan reached out to offer us Maple Leaf tickets to auction. We weren’t able to make arrangements in time for our auction last weekend, however we will be conducting an on-line auction for these tickets shortly. Stay tuned for details … and thanks so much to our distinguished alumni.
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
Make sure to let our St Leo’s Community Partners know that you found out about them here. A special thanks goes out to this week’s Community Partner of the week – True Rhythm