Hello St Leo Community!
Below are the reminders you need for the coming weeks:
- Mimico Canadiens and the Rotary Club of Etobicoke are holding a hockey equipment drive to collect gently used hockey equipment to send north to Rankin Inlet and other fly‐in indigenous communities. You can drop off your equipment at Mimico Arena on Sunday December 17th between 7:30 am and 3:00 pm. Financial contributions can be made to The Rotary Club of Etobicoke. See attached flyer.
- Mimico Blue, in support of the Toronto Fire Fighters, will also be holding a Toy Drive on December 17th at Mimico Arena from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm. Please see attached flyer for a list of items in particular need.
- Pssst … don’t tell the teachers … we are holding our annual teacher appreciation breakfast on December 19th between 8:00 and 9:00 am. If you can provide some breakfast foods and/or volunteer your time that morning to help set up, serve and clean up – please respond to this email and don’t forget to let me know what yummy treats you will be bringing. We need a few volunteers anytime between 7:30 and 9:00 am. Thanks to everyone who has already put their name forward.
- The Primary Christmas Concert (Grades JK to 3) will be held on December 20th at 6:00 pm in the school gym. If you have pre-ordered pizza you can pick up your pizza in Room 211 at 5:15 pm prior to the concert.
- The Parenting & Family Literacy Centre at St Leo will present a workshop on POSITIVE BEHAVIOUR GUIDANCE STRATEGIES with Gillian Frise from Family Services Toronto on Thursday December 21st at 10:00 am in Room 211. Please attend if you are interested. We will have a few Grade 8 students on hand to assist with child care during the workshop. Refreshments will be available.
- The Grade 8 students are leading the Food Drive for the Food Bank which will run from December 1st to December 21st. We ask our families to donate generously.
- Grade 8s continue to sell cookies, and now popcorn, on Fridays as a fundraiser for their graduation trip. Popcorn and cookies each cost $2.00.
- January 29th is Literacy Day at St Leo’s. If you will have some time to volunteer to read to a class that day – please respond to this email.
- Swim team try outs will start on Friday February 2 at 4 pm at Alderwood pool. Grade 2 – 8 students are welcome including ME students. The children must be able to swim one full length of the pool. Look for an information letter which will be sent home soon.
- Don’t forget that the St Leo Silent Auction is around the corner – February 9th. It is never too soon to start collecting donations. Even Christmas gifts that you may consider re-gifting could find a lovely home from our auction tables!
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
Have a great week!