Good evening St Leo Community!
Below are the reminders you need for this week:
- Pizza forms for January till March are due back this week - by December 13th. Please find the form attached.
- Pssst … don’t tell the teachers … we are holding our annual teacher appreciation breakfast on December 19th between 8:00 and 9:00 am. If you can volunteer your time that morning and/or are willing to provide some breakfast foods for the event – please respond to this email including what you will be bringing. We need a few volunteers in by 7:30 to get coffee and bacon going but most are needed between 8:00 and 9:00 to serve and clean up.
- The Primary Christmas Concert (Grades JK to 3) will be held on December 20th at 6:00 pm (note time change) in the school gym. We will be selling pre-ordered pizza prior to the concert. Order forms will be sent home this week.
- The Grade 8 students are leading the Food Drive for the Food Bank which will run from December 1st to December 21st. We ask our families to donate generously.
- The Grade 8s continue to sell cookies, and now popcorn, on Fridays as a fundraiser for their graduation trip. Popcorn and cookies each cost $2.00.
- The Swim Team will soon start recruiting swimmers. Watch for upcoming notices.
- January 29th is Literacy Day at St Leo’s. If you will have some time to volunteer to read to a class in the morning that day – please respond to this email.
- Don’t forget that the St Leo Silent Auction is around the corner – February 9th. It is never too soon to start collecting donations. Even Christmas gifts that you may consider re-gifting could find a lovely home from our auction tables!
- The instrumental music program is looking for donations of band instruments such as saxophones, clarinets and flutes as well as amplifiers and music stands. If you have any usable instruments, equipment or stands that you would be willing to donate to the school, please respond to this email. Also – if there is a person in our midst who is adept at instrument repair – we would really love to have your help. Let me know if you have some time to volunteer for this activity.
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
Have a great week!