Hello St Leo Community!
Congratulations to the intermediate boys’ volleyball team which won an exhibition game against St. Elizabeth this past Wednesday. Amazing!!
Good luck to both volleyball teams who will compete in their respective tournaments this week - intermediate boys (Tuesday November 7th) and intermediate girls (Wednesday November 8th). Go Lions!!!
Below are all the updates you need for this week:
- St Leo’s 5th Annual Clean Up Drive will take place on Friday, November 24th. Under the supervision of teachers, support staff and volunteer parents, ALL students of St. Leo will clean up the parks and streets around our school. Not only will this activity teach our kids about environmental stewardship, responsibility and community pride, it is also a great way to raise some money for our school in a way that allows our students to be involved. Pledge forms were sent home this week – but you can find one attached here as well. We will need a few parent volunteers for this event. If you are able to help out between 9:00 and 10:30 am on the 24th, please respond to this email. Thanks to Michelle Nolden-Szarka for spearheading this for us.
- Parent Teacher Interviews take place on November 15th and 16th in the evening. Sign up forms will come home shortly.
- Cookie dough orders will be delivered on November 16th and can be picked up after parent teacher interviews.
- School photo RETAKE day is Thursday November 16th.
- A reminder that the Grade 8s will be holding their cookie fundraiser every Friday for their year-end overnight trip. Students may bring in $2 to purchase a cookie. All proceeds will go towards the Grade 8 trip to Ottawa.
- The Caribou Math form, with all the essential dates, is attached(to email) again as I have received a few requests. This is a great opportunity for our children
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
Have a great week!