Hello St Leo Community!
St Leo’s 5th Annual Clean Up Drive was a great success! The children cleaned up the school grounds and surrounding area filling 50 bags of garbage and raising $2400.00. Thanks to the children for their hard work and thanks to the parent volunteers who came out to help out – Claire McMullin, Kristi Gordon, Tonya Perri, Manuel Oropeza, Kathleen Santiago, Joyce Lising, Carlos Anthony, Paulina Anthony and Chris Szarka. Special thanks to Michelle Nolden-Szarka for spearheading the whole event. The winner of the gift card and the ice cream sundae class were determined by donations received by Friday and will be announced on Monday morning. We are still accepting late donations however - all proceeds go directly to resources for the kids.
Below are the reminders you need for this week:
- Pizza forms for January till March were handed out last week, but you will also find one attached. Forms are due back by December 13th. Thanks as always to Marion Camilleri who organizes this for all of us.
- The Primary Christmas Concert (Grades JK to 3) will be held on December 20th in the school gym.
- Families are invited to donate NEW hats, mittens, gloves and scarves to our school Christmas tree. Ms. Starr, our CYW is spearheading this drive, running from November 21st to December 1st.
- The Grade 8 students are leading the Food Drive for the Food Bank which will run from December 1st to December 21st. We ask our families to donate generously.
- The instrumental music program is looking for donations of band instruments such as saxophones, clarinets and flutes as well as amplifiers and music stands. If you have any usable instruments, equipment or stands that you would be willing to donate to the school, please respond to this email. Also – if there is a person in our midst who is adept at instrument repair – we would really love to have your help. Let me know if you have some time to volunteer for this activity.
- Caribou Math practice is this Monday at lunch.
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
Have a great week!
Make sure to let our St Leo’s Community Partners know that you found out about them here. A special thanks goes out to this week’s Community Partner of the week – Kingsway Health by the Lake. Please see their attachment about Chiropractic Care and children.