Hello St Leo Community!
Congratulations to our intermediate volleyball teams. The volleyball tournaments were real nail biters! The boys fought hard and made some incredible plays to earn a spot in the finals, where they came in second behind St. Ambrose. The girls faced opponents who stood a whole foot taller, but what St. Leo lacked in size, it made up for in heart. The girls finished in third place. Both teams should be very proud of their performance! We are all proud too!
Thanks to Mlle. Hunter and Ms. Lehane for coaching the volleyball teams and to M. St. Pierre and Mme. Rego who supported the teams and coaches.
Below are all the updates you need for this week:
- The next Caribou Math practice is Monday November 13th with the next contest taking place on Wednesday November 15th (at 7:45 am).
- The Rosary Apostolate will visit all classes on Wednesday November 15th.
- Parent Teacher Interviews take place on November 15th and 16th in the evening. You will be alerted of your time slot in advance.
- Cookie dough orders will be delivered on November 16th and can be picked up in the evening in Room 211 (at the end of the main floor corridor by the doors to the gym).
- We will also be holding another Spirit Wear sale on November 16th in the evening. While you can order other items, there are plenty of shorts and short sleeve T-shirts that can be purchased and taken home that evening. A table will be set up in front of the office. Stop by after you parent-teacher interview. We will be able to accept cash or cheques.
- School photo RETAKE day is Thursday November 16th.
- Friday November 17th is a PA Day.
- St Leo’s 5th Annual Clean Up Drive will take place on Friday, November 24th. Pledge forms were sent home last week – but you can find one attached here as well. We will need a few parent volunteers for this event. If you are able to help out between 9:00 and 10:30 am on the 24th, please respond to this email. Thanks to the one parent who has volunteered so far. We will need some more though for sure.
- Officer Leanne Beckwith will be speaking with all students in the afternoon of Wednesday November 22nd to review safety while in our school community; specifically as they are out and about during the Community Clean Up Drive on November 24th. Officer Beckwith will speak with CSPC at the December meeting (December 6th).
- A reminder that the Grade 8s are holding their cookie fundraiser every Friday for their year-end overnight trip. Students may bring in $2 to purchase a cookie. All proceeds will go towards the Grade 8 trip to Ottawa.
- The date for the St. Leo French Immersion Open House has been set for Thursday January 11th at 6:30 pm in the school library. Current parents as well as parents of prospective students are invited to attend.
- Due to availability of the auction house the Silent Auction date has been changed to Friday February 9th in the evening. Details will follow much closer to the date.
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
Have a great week!