Good evening St. Leo. Hoping that everyone had a blessed and chocolate filled Easter weekend!
There are fantastic items - and I mean really great (art, coins, ewellery, sports collectables etc) to be had at fantastic prices at our first annual Silent Auction on Saturday, April 16th at the Maple Leaf House Grill and Lounge. Tickets are $10.00 each and can be purchased by sending money into the school with your child or by responding to this email. Sell a few to friends and come as a group to help support your children's education. It's going to be a very fun night!!! Updated auction list at the bottom of the email - please let me know if you have any questions about how the auction works.
Thank you to the fund-raising team Fiona, Andrea, Carey, Claire, MaryJo, Lucy, Jackie, Brandi, Kim and Tania. You have worked so hard to bring in some incredible items.
St. Leo community the rest is up to you!!! Buy your ticket NOW!!!!
Tuesday will be a Safe School drill in the AM.
Please join us for our Easter Mass tomorrow at 1:00 pm, hosted by our Grade 1 / 2 class and Mrs. Turczyn. Everyone is welcome!
Wednesday is Pizza Day.
Good luck to our Junior Boys volleyball as they compete on Tuesday and Junior Girls Volleyball as they compete this Wednesday!
Also on Wednesday the Grade 1 / 2 class welcomes a special presentation by Flight Attendants
Virtue & Awards Assembly is Wednesday at 11:00 am in the Gym. Everyone is invited to attend!
Reminder that Thursday is Pasta Day.
Reminder that Friday is the last swim practice.
Good luck to our St. Leo swimmers as they compete this weekend!
* Swim Meet at the Olympium (Saturday at 7:30 am and Sunday at 12:30 pm, start times)
Swimmers be sure to be ready ON DECK at 7:30a.m. Please be reminded to bring: snacks, water, juice, towels.
So far, Ms Policelli, Ms Mullin, and Ms LeHane's classes have claimed 3 of the 5 planting beds for our spring gardening project. If you have a child in any of these classes and are interested in helping to plant with them please respond to this email. Teachers there are two beds left available for your class to claim!!!
Reminder that all Spring Fling toys and stuffies can be dropped off in the office!
Seeking volunteers to help in re-organizing the skate locker for next year. I am happy to work around your schedule but would be grateful for any help. Please respond to this email if you are able to lend a hand.
Shoutout to our Community Partner of the week Best Portuguese Chicken because well it really is.... the best Portuguese Chicken!!!!!
<Community partners update.FEB.jpg>
Jewellery - sterling silver, gemstones, swarovski elements
Numismatic Collectibles - Royal Canada Mint silver and gold issues
Gallery Artwork - original signature AJ Casson lithographs, Morrisseau family foundation items
Sports Memorabilia - current greats, past legends; exclusive Max Domi World Juniors 100th Anniversary hand signed jersey
Electronics - RC hobbyist items: helicopters w/ video, drones etc, LED 50" RCA TV, household items
Designer decor and Much More including:
1) Eden Restaurant – $75 gift certificate
2) Kingsway Conservatory of Music – Music for You and Your baby/Toddler/Tot (value - $162)
3) Kingsway Conservatory of Music – $200 towards an Early Childhood or Youth Music Program
4) Samsung device
5) Oxygen Bikes – certificate for 10 spin classes
6) Certified Auto Repair (CAR) – full maintenance package
7) Mimico Muthas – certificate for 20 fitness classes ($200)
8) Kick Start Taekwondo
9) Core Studios – Two gift certificates for $199
10) RINSE Beauty Bar – Two gift certificates for Big Rinse Blow out ($38 each)
11) Rinse Beauty Bar – Two gift certificates for a Paradise Manicure ($40 each)
12) Rinse Beauty Bar – Three gift certificates for a children’s manicure and gift set ($10 each)
13) The Stop (Rehearsal Studio & Pop Star Academy) – two hours rehearsal time ($70)
14) The Stop (Rehearsal Studio & Pop Star Academy) – Jam and Movie Night Pass for kids (2 kids - $50)
15) Artistc Edge Dance Company – Summer Camp
16) Starbuck’s Gift Basket
17) Blair Larson – three personal training sessions
18) Mibody Studio – passes for 4 fitness classes ($76)
19) Mibody Studi – one hour massage ($90)
20) Adelaide Club – one month membership
21) Vittor Salon – wash, cut and colour
22) Tany Varga – personal training sessions
23) Loot Lady
24) Mimico Canadians – one Tyke registration for the 2016/2017 season
25) St Leo’s Spirit Gear
26) Venus Victoria – gift certificate
27) Shoppers Drug Mart – gift basket
28) Arbonne (Carrie Adelstein) – gift basket and certificate
29) Ethnic Indian Shawl
30) Spartan Gymnastics – Birthday party gift certificate ($500)
31) Moksha Yoga Etobicoke – gift certificates
32) Oakville Chrysler - Dodge Cap and T-Shirt
33) Humber Hawks - Jr. Hawks Summer Camp and a Humber Hawks Hoodie ($170+)
34) GEARS bike shop in Mississauga - 5 spinning classes ($50+tax)
35) Kitchen on Sixth 2X gift certificates ($25 each)
36) Maurya East Indian Food Restaurant - gift certificate ($25)
37) Toronto Hilton - One night's stay
38) Duke Restaurants - gift certificates (2x $100 each)
40) PR/Social Media 101: Half-day (4 hours) Strategy Session with JT & Company (jtandcompany.ca) ($600)
41) Arbonne (Penny Macri) – gift basket
42) Sutton Group Old Mill Realty Brokerage, Inc. - Room in a Box
43) Two handcrafted cheese boards
44) Sobeys Queensway/Park Lawn - Gift Certificate ($25)
45) Etobicoke Basketball - One week summer camp ($250)
46) Artisano Gift certificate
47) Toronto gymnastics ($50 off registration)
48) Bowlerama - 2 gift certificate of 2 hours of bowling ($70 each)
49) Metro Zoo - 2 entry passes ($56.00)
50) Suitcase Theatre - $100 off a summer camp
51) Lube, Oil, Filter Service @ Oakville Chrysler - hat and t-shirt too!
Have a wonderful week. As always please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, concerns or ideas to make our school even more awesome! Check out http://www.stleoparentcouncil.org @stleosfun and our Facebook page