Good evening St. Leo Community
I hope everyone had a great week. Below are the reminders and updates you need for next week.
Items for the remainder of 2016:
- We will be having the annual Teacher Appreciation Breakfast on December 21st from 8-9 am. We are looking for yummy breakfast foods to be dropped off that morning and/or volunteers to serve our hard working teachers. Please send me a note if you would be able to volunteer and if you will be bringing food. Thanks to all who have signed up already.
- Also on Wednesday, December 21st, the Grade 7 and 8 students will be skating at Toronto City Hall and attending mass and St. Michael’s Cathedral. On their way to and from the Cathedral, our students will be providing winter care packages to homeless individuals they meet along the way. Families are encouraged to donate socks, hats, an old blanket etc. This would be greatly appreciated. Our senior students are looking forward to this charitable activity.
- St Leo’s is supporting a school in Pigeon Cay, Honduras. The Social Justice Team’s first initiative for this cause is pajama day and movie morning on Thursday December 22nd. All students are asked to make a donation of $1.00.
- Friday December 23rd is the last day of school. The Virtue Assembly will be at 1:00 pm, the Monthly Awards Assembly at 1:30 pm and a Sing-A-Long with Mrs. Park in the Gym at 2:25 pm (after recess). Everyone is invited to join a fun afternoon at St Leo.
- The 23rd is also Civies Day and Festive Sweaters aka the Ugly Christmas Sweater Day. It’s time to take it out of your closet and wear it to school. Share your creativity!
- Students are required to take home all their personal items for the Christmas Break. Please send extra plastic bags to assist them with this process.
- Spirit Wear orders are scheduled to arrive this coming week. It is possible that not all orders will be fulfilled this week. If you know that your order has not arrived and you have questions, please contact Richard Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The annual NEW hat, mitten, glove and scarf drive continues till Friday December 23rd. All donated items will go to the local women's shelter.
- The non-perishable food drive continues till December 23rd. All of these donations will be given to the Good Sheppard.
- Mrs. Ugrin has asked me to continue to remind you to make sure your children come warmly dressed and prepared for outdoor play during recess periods. Winter attire includes a coat, a hat, mittens, boots and a scarf. The wind chill can make it very cold at recess time.
- The French Immersion Open House will take place January 11th from 6 pm to 8 pm.
- Registration on-line begins on January 18th at 10 am EST. Access soar.tcdsb.org to complete on line registration. Evening Registration (no appointment necessary) is on January 31st.
- Save the Date! The St Leo School Community Night and Auction is scheduled for Saturday February 11th at the Maple Leaf House on Lakeshore. Last year’s event was super fun and raised a lot of money for our school. This year’s theme will be “St Leo turns 90”! As usual we are looking for donations to auction. Don’t forget to ask your favourite vendor for donations to help your school!
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website athttp://www.stleoparentcouncil.org and follow us on twitter @stleosfun
A special thanks to this week’s St Leo’s Community Partner of the week – Land Mechanical