Good evening St. Leo Community
I hope everyone had a great week. Congratulations to our Primary Grades! I think everyone will agree thatAdvent Celebration was wonderful. Thank you to all the teachers who orchestrated the kids and a special thank you to Mrs. Shaw who volunteered so much time for our children.
Below are the reminders and updates you need for next week.
- The TCDSB is in the midst of the consultation process as part of the development of the Long Term Accommodation Plan (facility planning) and the Long Term Program Plan (learning content plan). The Board is requesting input from parents and has created a survey. To avoid confusion, an email from me will follow with further details and the survey link. It is important that the voice of the St Leo parent community is heard by the Board.
- The TCDSB is holding a public Boundary Review meeting on at Christ the King Catholic School on Lakeshore. The outcome of this review directly effects St Leo. All parents are welcome.
- We will be having the annual Teacher Appreciation Breakfast on st from . We are looking for yummy breakfast foods to be dropped off that morning and/or volunteers to serve our hard working teachers. Please send me a note if you would be able to volunteer and if you will be bringing food. I will keep a list to ensure we have a variety.
- Swim Team registration forms went home last week. One hour practices will be held every th from to th(th ) and every Saturday from through nd(). The meet is on April 29/30. Tryouts will take place at the first practice. Attendance is required at all practices. There will be a fee of $50 which will be collected after tryouts are completed. If interested, please have your registration forms returned the school by th. Thank you to Mrs. Figueiredo and our parent coaches Jackie McGrath, Claire McMullin and Blair Larsen for making this possible.
- Save the Date! The St Leo School Community Night and Auction is scheduled for th at the Maple Leaf House on Lakeshore. Last year’s event was super fun and raised a lot of money for our school. This year’s theme will be “St Leo turns 90”! As usual we are looking for donations to auction. Don’t forget to ask your favourite vendor for donations to help your school!
- Save the Date #2. Mardi Gras/Pancake th will be held on the morning of . There will be a call in January for parent volunteers to help make and serve pancakes – just giving you an early “heads up”.
- On th Mrs. Figueiredo and Madame Simas will be taking the Grade 6 students to sing Christmas Carols at Garden Court Nursing Home.
- The French Immersion Open House will take place th from .
- Registration on-line begins on th at . Access soar.tcdsb.org to complete on line registration. Evening Registration (no appointment necessary) is on st.
- The annual NEW hat, mitten, glove and scarf drive continues till rd. All donated items will go to the local women's shelter.
- The non-perishable food drive continues till rd. All of these donations will be given to the Good Sheppard.
- See attachment from Peter Milczyn, MPP for Etobicoke-Lakeshore. He is holding a Holiday Open House on and a New Year’s Levee on . Did you know Peter Milczyn is St Leo alumni?!!
- Finally another gentle reminder to make sure your children come warmly dressed and prepared for outdoor play during recess periods. It’s cold out there. Brrrr!
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website athttp://www.stleoparentcouncil.
A special thanks to this week’s St Leo’s Community Partner of the week – Humber Bay Eye Care