Good evening St. Leo Community!
Oh my goodness! Is it just me, or was last week ever a busy week?! The days are whipping by.
Below are the reminders and updates you need for next week.
Great job St Leo’s!
1) Big shout out to our girls Audrey and Angelica who made us proud at the cross country Regionals last week. Despite the rotten weather they competed with heart. And big news … Audrey will be going to the City Championships at Earl Bales Park! Woo Hoo! Go Audrey Go!!!
2) Thanks to Suzy Opoka, Stephanie Marcoux Naval and Kim Daniel for lending a hand with the nutrition program this week.
Happenings in the St. Leo Neighbourhood
3) There is plenty to keep you and your kids busy over the coming weeks:
a) Our Community Partner CUES is offering a “Halloween Date Night for Parents and a Costume Party for Kids” on October 28th from(see attached flyer).
b) CUES is also holding a Halloween Family Dinner and Dance party on Saturday October 29th between(see attached flyer).
c) The Mimico Residents Association is holding a family Halloween dance in the St Leo’s gym on Saturday October 29th between(see attached flyer).
d) A local favourite – the annual Mimico Pumpkin Parade will be held on November 1st in Amos Waites Park.
e) The Parent Education Network has a number of informative parenting talks planned locally between now and Christmas (see attached flyer).
4) The 4th Annual St. Leo Cleanup Drive is scheduled for November 2nd, 9:15 am – 10:30 am. Donations over $25.00 will get a tax receipt. We are still looking for parent volunteers to help out. Please respond to this email if you are able to help or you have questions. Thanks to those parents who have put their name forward so far.
5) The time to order from the online store for spirit wearhttp://www.tshirtsondemand.ca/
6) Mabels Labels are a great way to keep track of your kids’ clothes, water bottles, etc. and they stick to anything. Visit the website http://www.mabelslabels.com then click the “Support a Fundraiser” button located on the top of your screen, and then select St. Leo from the drop-down list. A portion of your purchase will go back to the school.
7) Students are allowed to wear costumes or just Orange and Black on Halloween Day but must come to school in costume as they will not have the opportunity to change once at school. No masks or props (weapons, wands, broom sticks, etc.) are allowed and costumes must not be threatening for younger children. As we are an allergen aware school, please do not send FOOD TREATS for your child to share at the Halloween class party. There are many alternatives, such as pencils, small toys and stickers.
8) On the topic of food allergies at Halloween – the following site provides information on the Teal Pumpkin Project with ideas on how to be an allergen safe home for trick or treaters http://foodallergycanada.ca/
9) Thanks to those of you who have put your name forward to help reinstate pizza day. We still need some volunteers to be on site for pizza day to help with the logistics of delivery (and matching orders to children). Volunteering entails a couple of hours a week to be on hand when the pizzas arrive and are forwarded to the classes. You don’t need to sign up for the year – but if you would like to step forward to help out for a month or two, please respond to this email.
As always feel free to contact me if ever you have concerns … or just want to share some great ideas … and don’t forget to check out our website athttp://www.stleoparentcouncil.
A special thanks to this week’s St Leo’s Community Partner of the week - Powerhouse Electrical.