2018 February Minutes

CSPC Meeting

February 7, 2018

1. Speaker: Simon re: Instrumental Music Program.

-applied for a grant, pending

-if successful would receive funding for new instruments in the spring

2. Announcement: The Wizard of Oz will be performed in June by students.

3. Principals Report: see attached

4. Treasurer’s Report:

St. Leo CS

NOTE to file – 

 

School Block Analysis Record for School Block and CSPC Funds at Budget Control/CEC

 

  1. In November/December 2017, CSPC issued a cheque for $11,719.80 to St. Leo School to purchase iPads 

 

 

  1. The cheque was to have been placed in the School Block Account at Budget Control/CEC

 

  1. Actually, the cheque was placed in the CSPC account at Budget Control/CEC

November 30, 2017 CSPC Account Balance Budget Control/CEC $4849

December 31, 2017 CSPC Account Balance Budget Control/CEC $4849

January     30, 2017 CSPC Account Balance Budget Control/CEC $ 16, 569*

 

  1. Payment Funds were withdrawn in error from the school block account at Budget Control/CEC 

November 30, 2017 School Block Account Balance Budget Control/CEC $ 20,725

December 31, 2017 School Block Account Balance Budget Control/CEC $ 23, 766

January     30, 2018 School Block Account Balance Budget Control/CEC 13, 907*

 

  1. On Wednesday February 7th, Francisco Ferreira in Budget Control transferred funds from the CSPC account to the school block budget account to correct the error.

New Balance for CSPC Account

$ 16, 569 - $11,719.80 = $4848

 

New Balance for School Block Budget

$ 13, 907 + $ 11,719.80 = $24, 526

5. Discussed Parking Lot Safety Concerns: TPS Safety Officer to be contacted and invited to review safety protocols as well as enforcement of protocols.

6. Mrs. Arbour Report

-Sensory kit arrived, will present in March to CSPC

-one student is participating in swim team, one receiving 1st Communion

7. Chair Report:

CSPC CHAIR REPORT

  1. Thanks to Michelle for all her work in sorting out the skate locker again this year
  2. Thanks to all the parents who volunteered for Literacy day – next year we should focus on trying to get readers for the older grades 
  3. Pancake Tuesday is this coming Tuesday.  We have 2 volunteers so far.  We need about 8.  If Dorothy is helping do we need 7?  And can Stephanie engage Dorothy’s helper to support pancake Tuesday?
  4. Cold weather.  What is the temperature at which the kids don’t go outside?  There have been requests from some parents that the school gets the kids out as much as possible whenever possible.
  5. Safety concerns in the parking lot.  At an unfortunate regularity parents are leaving their cars running in the parking lot OR they are parking in precarious ways blocking people in.  We need to put together an action plan ….

 

  1. Royal York Football Club is donating to the auction.  He said he would love to engage with St Leos (because it is so local to them) … and suggested that if you would like RYFC to send someone (at no charge) to a couple of practices to support – please get in touch.
  2. Please note in the minutes that over the course of the month we submitted an electronic motion for $150 to cover supplies for the DJ at the auction (part of the raffle game).  The motion was approved.

 

2018 March minutes

CSPC MEETING MINUTES- MARCH 2018

 

ATTENDANCE: Mrs. Ugrin, Jackie M, Michelle Nolden-Szarka, Tania , Brandi Ward, Annique Robbitalle, Kim Daniel, Stephanie Marcoux Naval

 

GUEST SPEAKER-Officer Leanne Beckwith from 22nd division

-Introduced herself as replacement for Officer Rich. It is her 15th year in policing and she is responsible for 57 schools in the area. 

-She reported that we are not alone with these parking issues. It is a big issue and hopefully it will calm down in better weather.

-Some intervention ideas she noted:

1. Education- emails, fliers (Fiona Kerr has called attention to this problem in many of our weekly newsletters, have sent brightly colored fliers home in backpacks addressing this problem, and have had emails sent noting only this problem to all parents who are signed up for emails)

2.Parent help- will parents want to help? How big is our problem? What you put into something ( fixing this parking situation) is what you get out!

3.Laminated Signs posted around parking lot and in problem areas warning steps that will be taken. Eg. No idling, do not leave children in cars, do not park here! Etc

4.Kiss n ride.* Who will be running it? Teachers?  Can grade 8’s volunteer to help (this would go towards community hours, and possibly a system that they could earn $ for their end of year trip? )

*Grade 8’s cannot have anything to do with traffic control but can run children to and from cars/school.

*Where will this work best? Elizabeth Street was consensus 

5.To put letters on cars and send email to subscribers with rules and expectations of the parking lot and warning that if behavior does not change we will be taking action and license plates will be reported to 22nd division. (Taking a picture of a license plate and car is what she suggested so no contact with owner is needed by parents/staff) The office would need to send pic and information to 22nd division for Officer Leanne Beckwith to follow up and put this occurrence into the system. 

6. Tania suggested that if and when we need to report a license plate we should print up brightly colored slips to put on windshield of rule breakers cars stating that they have been reported to 22nd division and they will follow up with the car owner. (Officer Beckwith or colleague to go  to their home to speak with person about this problem) .

7. Ticketing- As of a month ago we no longer have traffic enforcement in our area and officers are stretched thin so resources to come ticket in our parking lot is not high priority. If we have any problems we need to call 911 for emergency or leave a msg on Officer Beckworth line.

8.Encourage biking, walking or carpooling. Other schools have had great success with this. Some schools have walking bus’s – parent volunteers to walk neighbors children to school with their own on certain days cutting down on parking lot congestion as well as gas and time. 

*Officer Beckwith said the 22nd division has a BIKE RODEO for schools which hands out pamphlets, teaches children crosswalk and road safety, hand signals and helmet fitting. They make it fun and the bike rodeo is (a favorite detail of the children) escorted by the police. Mrs. Ugrin tentatively booked the Bike Rodeo for May 14th (primary grades), 15th (Jr. grades), and 16th (intermediate grades) each for half days.

*there could be an opportunity for the Eco Team to start a Chart in the office that records who biked to school, who walked to school and they can get a check or sticker for that day. At the end of the week/month the invividual or the class with the most points gets an award. 

*there was question put forth to Officer Beckwith of the legal age guideline for a child to walk/bike to school by themselves. There is no law- the usual guideline is the parents view on how responsible their child is. Usually 11 is the norm but every child is different. 

9. Discussion put forth about the new school planning- which option would Officer Beckwith suggest we adapt for drop off and pick up? She said the kiss n ride works well if you can pull enough staff/parent volunteers/students that will help pull it off. It is very effective and much safer if done right.

*to request a parking attendant – Leanne.beckwith@torontopolice.on.ca 

Opening Prayer

Guest speaker- Nicole Bonnici

*Mrs. Bonnici has attended an extensive 2 day training session on the cashless system we have adopted.(TCDBSchoolcashonline.com)

*25% of our schools population to date has signed on.

*Safer for the School as there is less cash in office, safer for kids as less chance to lose money or it not getting to the school for some reason.

*Only one person other than Mrs. Bonnici will have access to the system for now- that will be Fiona Kerr. (to add items on to the school shop)

*we can pull detailed reports from system – by class, group, date etc. Who has paid, who is outstanding.

*new items will be added and a blast email to subscribers will announce new items every Thursday or every month if no new items are added. 

*items for sale can be put up for certain amounts of time. E.g. From 3.9.18-6.29.18

*there is a cost recovery added to every item. GST rebate- we will get a portion back for the school at the end of the year. 

*The proceeds from any item can be routed to a specific leger. E.g. Swim or hockey team or CSPC.

*We can make any item open to the public. E.g. Fundraising, water bottles or spirit wear. 

*If we have for e.g. Spring cleanup fundraiser online- does the donations over $___ receive a tax receipt or do we need to do that manually? ***Mrs. Bonnici offered  to look into this

*If a parent makes a mistake- e.g. Pays for wrong child or wrong item the $ can be moved around by the 2 authorized users. 

*Can  we create a URL to share. E.g. Fundraising- can we give slips out when going door to door or can we email URL to share to family and friends to fundraise or share ideas which our children may want for birthday presents (spirit wear or field trip?) ***Mrs. Bonnici will look into this

*How would cspc or committee’s get funds if needed? Mrs. Bonnici has an umbrella leger which she will go into the account then cut a cheque. 

*Soft Launch of the Eco Team fundraiser – the water bottles will be starting Friday. Water bottles and Civvies day for this month will be our test for this system.

Guest Speaker – Mrs. Arbour (ME Primary Teacher)

* The Autism Services Department funded the Sensory Kits for the ME classes and allotted a sensory kit for every ME class in the TCSB. (Peter Stachiw is the Chief of Autism for our board.)

*The Autism Services Department chose everything in the Sensory Kit.  Miss. Arbours class received their sensory kit with a PEA POD (is a blown up pea looking green velvet covered  item that a child can get in and it squeezes them tight giving them a calming effect , a velvet covered blow up CHAIR that one child can lounge and bounce on also for calming (feel of velvet, bouncing etc.), FIDGIT TOYS of all kinds that calms, allows them to fidget with their fingers which then helps them pay attention easier, items for all senses, CHEWLERY- items like jewelry e.g. Bracelets or necklaces that you wear and can chew ( for teething, to calm or fidget), WEIGHTED TOYS- turtle, giraffe, wrap pillow, and wrap snake stuffed animals  with weighted material in them to calm children who crave weighted items on their chest or body. (items relax you through Deep Touch Pressure Stimulation – which is like a snug, soothing hug but with different textures), AIR PADS- seat pads filled with air, gel balls, etc. that helps develop core muscles, and calms., NOISE CANCELLING EARPHONES- for children who are sensitive to loud noises and can get really upset when hearing them (or used for children when someone makes loud noises to calm themselves), CHEW TUBES, WRIST GUARDS that you put on and play with 

*all purchased from a company called Abilitations. 

*noted that there is an immediate need for a sensory room (no room nor funds at this time) but is a important item that should be kept in mind for the new school wish list. (also called a snoozelen room or MSE multi-sensory environments)- a room that is a multi-sensory experience for the student who needs a safe and relaxing area to get away from a busy environment, to decrease pain without medications, to stimulate their senses, to regroup or in certain situations – to de-escalate a crisis.. ( common items used in such room would be fibre optics, bubble tubes, items with different textures, weighted objects, different sounds custom to what the individual likes, fidget toys)

MEETING

-There are 368 students attending St. Leo C.S. with 17 classroom teachers (from Mrs. Ugrin)

-Bookfair sales – made $2000.00 which went back into books for our school library.

-Communion and Confirmation are coming up soon.

-Discussed what we can do to disinfect the skating helmets in between uses? Is there a spray? Is there  a helmet disinfectant that we can purchase? 

-Friday March 9th is the launch assembly for the upcoming School Musical Wizard of Oz.

-Michelle mentioned that someone has some wood backgrounds that we could possibly use for backgrounds for our play. They are free if picked up. Michelle will try to pick up this week with her vehicles but incase they do not fit there was a motion put in place for monies to rent a truck. Will store in room 211 after picked up. 

MOTION PASSED FOR $250.00 FOR RENTAL TRUCK IF NEEDED.

 

-Jackie brought to our attention that the swim team is short on funds due to the fee’s being increased this year. They are short $170.79. there was a discussion about other ways the money can be fundraised or if it should come out of the budget. It was suggested that due to the immediate need of funds that we motion for the money and IF the swim team does a fundraiser they can pay back. 

MOTION FOR $170.79 FOR SWIMMING TEAM FEE’S PASSED.

 

-The music department has handed in their immediate list of musical instruments that are badly in need of maintenance to Mrs. Ugrin. The list came to around to $300.00 and is approved to be fixed. (school funds.)

-there was a question of why there was no Ski Day this year. Mrs. Ugrin stated that this year there will be a Wellness day and a visit from Arts Express instead. Parents commented on how the children are asking about the ski day and how much they have enjoyed going in the past. It was noted that hopefully next year Ski Day can return as it was a wonderful day that the school really enjoyed and looks forward to each year. For a lot of the students at St. Leo, Ski Day is the only chance they have to go skiing during the year. 

-It was mentioned that there still is a box full of the spirit wear that our supplier was expected to pick up. Member mentioned that they do not think the supplier is still in the business anymore and will contact him to ask if he is still coming to get it or if we should sell it. *Mrs Ugrin suggested that she has a replacement company that she has worked with numerous times and they are very reliable with quality materials. It is a Mompreneur and a very dedicated and trustworthy businesswoman. Contact information will be forwarded if requested. 

-Discussion about if our decision to have the auction in February is the best choice. Would the spring be better. More people would be inclined to come out- there were some comments that some parents/interested parties could not make it due to the bad weather. Possibly the spring will bring us into better weather and closer to summer camp sign up time?

-Dance-a-thon fundraising papers are going out on March 20th hopefully. Were discussing which charity to donate a percentage of the money to and a possible future charity was suggested. The Shoe That Grows. This charity has found that the #1 reason that children cannot develop or progress is not having shoes (in different countries). They have developed and manufactured a shoe that grows with the child and has really made a difference. 

-Discussion of donating to Jean Augustine? LAMP? How much should be donated? ¼ to a global charity?, ½ to St. Leo, ¼ to neighbourhood?, or ¼ to the neighbourhood, and ¾ to St. Leo? 

NUTRITION PROGRAM

-badly need volunteers again between 8:30-11:30am.  Hopefully it can be added to the weekly newsletter. 

-Penny Macri has volunteered to take on the food ordering and needed supplies for the Nutrition Program. She will do put in the produce orders, grains and all supplies. 

ECO TEAM

 

-There are now 27 members through grades 1-6.

-Have started Litter less Lunch Fridays.

-Trying to encourage everyone to turn off lights at recess and lunch.

-The Eco Team students are working on a presentation to the school.

-4 students are going on a board wide conference at the Science Centre.

-Sometime in April or May there will be an Eco Team coming to monitor the progress our Eco Team has made.

-Eco Team was hoping that in near future they can use some of the money left in their budget to use towards t-shirts. They are needed to identify the members at events. Would purchase generic sizes and keep the shirts property of Eco Team so the team can reuse them every year. It is estimated that it would cost $250.00 and that they should still have that in the budget.

CHAIR REPORT

-Talked about the Sacrament Committee and the immediate need for volunteers. This committee assists the involved teachers in organizing (and partially funding) the Sacrament events happening during the year. Purchasing pins and flowers, setting up before (decorating, setting up the table  etc- whatever the teacher requests)  and cleaning up after the fellowship time where they enjoy a drink and fruit/snacks and possibly cake? This would be for the First communion, Confirmation, and Grade 8 and Sk graduation. 

-Need volunteers that can assist with the above noted tasks. Request that Fiona puts a plea for volunteers in the weekly newsletter.

-Meeting adjourned.

***FINANCIAL REPORT ATTACHED ***

2017- December meeting

CSPC Meeting Minutes

December 2017

  1. Prayer and Introductions

 

  1. Financial Report
  1. Reviewed all deposits
  2. Balance available: $35, 044.08

 

  1. Principal’s Report-Highlights
  1. New Community Liaison officer, grade 1 to visit Toronto Police College
  2. Cookie Dough sale-very successful
  3. Clean up drive-children enjoyed, parent gave feedback about concern that there is waste generate from the drive as they wear gloves and use plastic garbage bags. Decision to revisit Clean-Up drive for next year, make changes.
  4. Eco Team now active within the school, led by teachers and students. Organized by Mrs. Dorgan.
  5. Maintenance Report/Physical Plant report reviewed
  6. Global Initiative continues, school is supporting a school in Honduras
  7. Local Initiative-supporting St. Vincent de Paul with Hat and Mitten Tree, grade 3 collecting items and gift cards for a local family.
  8. Fr. Frank will be sending out information regarding 1st Communion and Confirmation shortly.
  9. Athletics: Swim Team is beginning, Jackie will be sending out a recruitment letter for grades 2-8
  10. Caribou Math and Grouse math continues
  11. Christmas Concert- December 20 at 6pm

 

  1. Teacher Report
  1. Volleyball (intermediate) Boys finished 2nd, girls finished 3rd.
  2. Basketball has begun for intermediate boys
  3. Indoor Soccer has begun

 

  1. Chair Report
  1. $300 added to budget for Dance-a-thon supplies
  2. Dance-a-thon will be April 20, 2018
  3. MOTION APPROVED: new basketball nets
  4. See attached for additional information

 

  1. Kim Daniels Report: Ms. Arbour
  1. Students enjoyed the Clean Up Drive
  2. Jackie contacted Ms. Arbour re: swim team, students looking forward
  3. Blender being used often, assists with teaching children about healthy foods/snacks by making smoothies, etc. 

 

  1. Discussion regarding progress of new school build, there has not been a meeting since the end of last school year and little to no communication from Board since regarding next steps, timelines, etc. Discussed perhaps drafting a letter to board requesting information. 

 

Meeting Adjourned. 

2018- January meeting

CSPC MEETING  JANUARY 10/2018

Attendance: Fiona Kerr, Tania Zoldak, Stephanie Naval, Chantelle Nakhooda, Lisa Cousineau, Tonya Perry, Christina Hunter, Lillian Ugrin, Jackie MckGrath, Andrea Larsen, Kim Daniel, Anique Robitaillw-Dettbarn.

1.Opening prayer for Catholic Education

2.Mrs. Ugrin greets group and wishes Happy New Year

3.PLANNED SPEAKER LEANNE BECKWORTH. (unfortunately Leanne Beckworth did not make the meeting)

4.PRINCIPAL REPORT

A)Expression of thanks to all CSPC, volunteers and anyone who helped with the teachers appreciation breakfast.

B)The Christmas concert went well despite the power outage and cancellation of the concert on Wednesday Dec 20/2017. Was moved to Thursday then changed to Friday. Was well received despite afternoon time slot. Kudos to Staff and directors, Mrs. Policelli and Madame Simas.

C)Kudos to Madame Rego for very successful  St. Vincent De Paul drive.( for family of 4) Extra funds raised went to purchase 4 PC cards( total value $100.00)that went to the local chapter of St Vincent De Paul in Mimico.

D)The Hockey team/Coach Vlasschaert needs more students to make up a team. A coach from Humber Hawks is very interested in helping with our hockey program.

E)Swim team coordinated by J. McGrath- from February 2 to April 29, 2018. 

F)Athletic pizza lunch was on December 22, 2017

G)Grade 8 graduation trip fundraiser going well ( popcorn and cookies). Students will be promoting Marlie’s tickets at a reduced rate for the Family Day Weekend. 

H)French immersion Open House and Classroom Presentations January 11th @6:30 pm

I)Registration for September 2018 JKSK (ENGLISH)  and JKSK (FRENCH IMMERSION) begins at 10:00 am EST  on Wednesday January 17th, 2018.

J)Evening Registration will be held on Wednesday January 24th, 2018 between 5:00pm and 8:00pm.

K)A Grade 7 student won the Catholic Register design a cover contest. Her amazing artwork will be in the magazine and will be put up in the main hallway for all to see. 

L)A big THANK YOU to Ms. Dorothy Babic of the Nutrition Program. There was a Flood (pipes burst in the servery) and a minor fire (electrical wiring) in the school. There have been workers in the school repairing the damages as well as the heating in the library and servery. Dorothy Babic was there for 8 hours that Monday cleaning and sanitizing the servers ensuring a clean environment to serve and provide the program’s snacks. This meant a snack was not provided on that Monday.  Ms Dorothy Babic will receive an honourarium for her time cleaning.  

M). There was a discussion about $13.00/hour is not going to be enough for the honourarium  in the coming year (min wage increase) and it will have to be revisited at a later date closer to September. 

N) Our student population is 337.  Thursday, January 11/ 2018 there will be 338 as a new student is expected. 

O) Safety in the school yard: Students have been told that the rocks in the learning garden are off limits due to slippery conditions.

P) Budget – CSPC account balances as of December 31, 2017 were as follows:

TD account - $23,351.16
TCDSB CSPC Account - $16,569
CSPC Outside Agency Account - $697 

Financial Donation of $11,720 from CSPC for purchases made since last meeting:

  1. Mini Ipads
  2. Covers for Mini Ipads
  3. Tech Tubs

Q) Academic Update:After school tutoring program February 19 to April 28,2018

Grade 3, Grade 6 – Literacy & Numeracy

R)Multiple Exceptionality Classroom had a delivery of new therapy items that they will use to help with everyday life. These new supplies (weighted blankets etc.) were funded by TCDSB Peter Stachiw Autism Coordinator.

S) Health and Safety: Salting and shoveling in the school yard

-Disabled Parking space has been designated. New signage to come as they are faded badly. 

T) Community Action-Me to We students are collecting plastic milk bags; which may be used to make plastic mattresses in underdeveloped countries.

-Mitten, hats and scarf tree- the many accessories collected were taken to a local women’s shelter. 

U) Liturgical Update

-(a) Next Mass will be held in the school gym Wednesday January 17, 2018 at 1:00pm. All are Welcome!!

-(b)Father Frank’s communication will be sent home regarding First Communion and Confirmation. It is mandatory that All families register ASAP with him.as Grade 2 Communion is Sunday May 6th @11:30am Mass, and Grade 7 Confirmation is on Sunday April 15th @3:00pm

V) Athletics and Clubs

(a)Caribou Math, Gauss Math ongoing. Several students received certificates of achievement!

(b)Skating at Mimico Arena starting late January/February

(c)Basketball- boys February 21st, Girls February 22nd.

(W)Calendar:

-Carnaval week of January 22nd to 26th.

-Instrumental Music Performance – January 24th at 1:30pm in the gym.

-Athletics Soccer –boys January 30th, Girls January 31st.

        -Looking Ahead: Black History Month Activity with Arts Express- January 9th

-Achievement Reports issued to students February 13th

-Carnaval Activity French Café &Pancake Tuesday/Mardi Gras February 13th (pancakes will          

                  replace the nutritional program’s snack for that day!)

-Parent Teacher Interviews- February 12/14 TBA & February 15th

-Book Fair – February 12th-16th

-Family Day Weekend – February 19th

-Virtue and Awards Assembly- February 1, 2018@1:00pm

(x)Follow-up-as requested from December CSPC meeting- Family Literacy Day –Monday January 29th. Volunteers still needed. Fiona reported that a lot of volunteers have come forward but still need volunteers for older grades.

(y)Request of CSAC- 

1.Monday January 22, 2018, - it has been requested that a CSPC rep to attend a Staff Meeting to update staff on Auction and the Musical Presentation Spring 2018.

2.Safe Schools Plan- parent input needed

3. Parent volunteers to read in classrooms on National Literacy Day.

5. Teacher Report

-Soccer grades 4,5,6. January 30 (boys), January 31st (girls)

-The Hockey Team needs more players to make a team. Discussion about asking St. Louis CS to join us and if they join – how much $ should we ask them to help with ice fee’s? CSPC had previously approved $500.00 but the fees have gone up to approx $650.00 so hopefully St. Louis could pay the $150.00 not covered.

-Skating at Mimico Arena schedule to come.

-This year the yearbook is on another platform. Mme. Hunter requests feedback about last year’s yearbook and welcomes any pics from families and teachers.

6.Financial Report

-Talked about dance-a-thon expenses

-no action on outside account

-noted the misunderstanding with T.Litzen billing. Will report if money returned next meeting.

-will report next meeting on the end result of the hockey ice fee situation. (see Teacher Report re: hockey team)

7.Chair Report

-The teacher appreciation breakfast on December 19th was well attended by both teachers and volunteers. Thanks to all who helped.

-Tania has sent out individualized expense sheets to the teachers so they can now submit their expenses.

-The spirit wear issue was resolved and all goods were received and delivered to students prior to  Christmas. His invoice will be forthcoming.

--Great team work for the cancelling and rescheduling of the primary grades Christmas Concert.  The money was returned to the families the next day for the pizza. Unfortunately in the confusion the pizza was rescheduled to Thursday and not rescheduled to Friday when changed. The pizza was delivered. Il Padre agreed for us to cover his costs only and was paid $80.00

A motion was put forth to have that $80.00 covered by CSPC. It was approved.

8.Other Matters

-Basketball nets- Mr. V has 3 new nets left. Agreed that we should take the nets from gym and put those outside, and put new nets up in gym.

 

-Discussion about if we should look into more durable nets for outside nets as they need to be replaced numerous times/year. Possibly chain nets? Tania to ask T.Lizten if they have any alternatives.

 

-Mrs . Ugrin will connect with Arts Express to figure out when and what needs to be done to start our Theatre program.

-Discussion about future school activities to be recorded by a videographer. This would be a fundraising opportunity as we could sell the copies to parents. This also alleviates the problem of parents blocking audience taking pictures. 

-Discussion of the Christmas Concert finale and how great it was. Maybe should revisit the order of classes (e.g. Putting kinder classes at end so more people stay until the end of the night)  as well as possibly having a rehearsal in the afternoon so parents who cannot come to evening can come and see their child then. 

9.-New School –

-J. McGrath reported on the lack of information despite frequent requests of communication. J.McGrath was told that they will be prepared to meet with us in February.. We were promised a meeting Oct/Nov which did not happen. It was suggested that CSPC  write to the contact we have to request a meeting UPDATE - January 11th @ 1pm there is an (uncoirmed)  Architect coming for a walk around on site.

10. Kim Daniel Report- Mrs Arbour

-Mrs. Arbour reported that the class was very excited for the invite but no one has signed up for swimming.

-CSPC to ask Ms. Arbour to open a meeting in the future to show us and explain the new items that were just shipped. 

11.Items to be revisited next meeting

1. Videographer for future school performances/ceremonies. 

2.Arts Express details for the Theatre program. (Mrs. Ugrin)

3.Mme. Hunter to report circumstances around the hockey ice fees. (whether or not a team was merged with St. Louis and if the fees were topped up by them)

4.September: Discussion about wage increase for honorarium (Nutritional program)

5. September: discussion about changing order of Christmas concert.

 

Next CSPC meeting date: Wednesday February 10/2018 at 6:30pm in the library. Guest Speaker Simon Arruda, Instrumental Music Teacher.